Eating lunch with Major Tom - anyone sick?

sher'ssis

OK so we signed up with Major Tom for our excursion, want to try the food (the famous rice/beans/chicken stop) -- even the kids -- did anyone have any stomach problems after eating the Belize food? If you don't do the lunch option, what do you do? Did you pack some snacks for the bus ride back to the port?

Pack some snacks. We did Tom's excursion twice, and as much as I think he is great, both times the lunch was skipped due to lack of time. We were never with Tom though... we were sent with his guides. You will be starving after the tour. If by chance you do stop for lunch, I'm sure the food is fine.

OK so we signed up with Major Tom for our excursion' date=' want to try the food (the famous rice/beans/chicken stop) -- even the kids -- did anyone have any stomach problems after eating the Belize food? If you don't do the lunch option, what do you do? Did you pack some snacks for the bus ride back to the port?[/quote']

we ate with major tom, it was kind of rushed but the food was REALLY good. it was at a seemingly busy place for locals to grab lunch on the go. i felt like we got an authentic Belize meal. dont worry about getting sick. it was great. if you dont do the lunch you just watch everyone else eat. (lol) snacks would be a good idea either way, maybe your kids wont feel like trying something new. but the food was good.

We've just returned from our Glory cruise and did the cave tubing with Major Tom. First let me say the tubing was great and I would highly recommend Major Tom!! His crew did a fantastic job, very friendly and informative about Belize but most importantly were VERY concerned with safety. As for lunch, it was very tasty. Due to time constraints we ate as Tom (Major's son) drove back to the ship. The meal was chicken (we thought the best part), rice with beans, potato salad and a fried plantain. No one got sick.

Archived