Dzibilchatun After Tour Dropoff?

agru

We're considering taking the tour to Dzibilchatun. If you do it through the cruise (Carnival), is there an option to be dropped off in Progreso, or must you go back to the pier?

Thanks everyone!

We're considering taking the tour to Dzibilchatun. If you do it through the cruise (Carnival), is there an option to be dropped off in Progreso, or must you go back to the pier?

Thanks everyone!

If you go Dzibilchatun with AutoProgreso, they will drop you off in Progreso at the open market. However, there is not much time to do much after going to the ruins. AutoProgreso provides the shuttle service from the pier to the town.

I have been to the ruins twice with AutoProgreso and they provide a great tour. I think costs $55 and includes a stop in Merida as well. The ruins and the museum are well worth seeing.

• 5 months later...

Thanks everyone!

If u do it throug carnival u get the option of being dropped of at the market or the pier.:cool::o

If you go Dzibilchatun with AutoProgreso, they will drop you off in Progreso at the open market. However, there is not much time to do much after going to the ruins. AutoProgreso provides the shuttle service from the pier to the town.

I have been to the ruins twice with AutoProgreso and they provide a great tour. I think costs $55 and includes a stop in Merida as well. The ruins and the museum are well worth seeing.

You can do a tour that includes Merida or you can do one that just goes to the ruins. The ruins only tour is $29 per adult ($19 for kids) and they drop you off at the open market just like the combo tour.

The ruins only tour leaves at 10:15 am and returns about 1:45. That leaves some time for browsing around the market before and after the tour.

We really enjoyed this tour.

David is right. The way to go is with autoprogresso tours. We did the mayan ruins tour and city tour combo for $35 each. Tour guide was great and passionate about his culture. We booked it at the pier, boarded a bus to the market, boarded another bus and went on the tour. David is also correct that you will not have enough time to shop at the market. The tour takes most of the day. I have been to the market also and rather take the tour. Shout out to David "GEAUX TIGERS!!!!"

Gary & Jo Ann

"The Cruisin Cajuns"

Truimph Feb 20, 2010

Glory 2008

Fantasy 2008

Holiday 2007

Ecstasy 2007

Sensation 2005

Conquest 2004

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know the times on the Carnival excursion? The Autoprogresso tour gets back too late (DD will be in Camp Carnival and I need to be back around noon). I wonder if the Carnival one starts earlier since we dock at 7:00 a.m.

Archived