Shopping Questions for Nassau

We are leaving on the Sovereign in 7 days for our first cruise! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I've read these boards obsessively and am now armed with over-door shoe hangers, powerstrips, bonine, etc. Thanks to all of you for your wealth of information and humor!

A few last questions, please, for those of you who have been to Nassau more times than you care to count icon_wink.gif: My sister is an avid quilter and is wondering if anyone knows where to purchase some batik fabric? I have a Frommer's book on the Bahamas and it mentions a vigorous fabric industry, so I'm hoping someone has seen a shop in their travels.

Also, can you purchase decent silver jewelry like the kind you might find in the Dominican Republic or one of the other islands? The straw market will probably be sufficient for the little souvenirs we pick up for the kids, but I'd like to get something nice for my sister, as she's watching the kids while my husband and I pretend we're newlyweds (14 years later!).

Thanks for any information. Hope you all have a GREAT day!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;4;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Days til our very first cruise! SOS to Bahamas

On our last cruise, we went to the shopping lectures. I didn't personally find them very helpful. Actually, they seemed more like a live comercial for the "prefered" merchants that pay a fee to get their name in the guides. We've almost always found better deals at local merchants not listed in the guides. In fact, most of the shops listed in the guides were significantly higher than those that were not.

Maybe ours weas the exception but there has to be a better way to find the true bargains while in port.

Future cruises

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2005;01;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Monarch OTS - Mexico Baja 1/05

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=CD20CD&cdt=2004;11;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Explorer OTS - Eastern Caribbean 11/04

Past cruises

Vision OTS - Alaska 7/03

Legend OTS - Alaska 7/02

icon_smile.gifHi,

the last time we were in Nassau I found a great shop that sells designer handbags /pocketbooks .( not fake )at what I thought was a great price . Thought about making a purchase and walked away .To this day I can still the Burberry bag I didn't buy . icon_frown.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;26;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

<marquee behaviour=alternate>till we sail Brilliance of the Seas Greek Isles etc

</marquee>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;10;5;19;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

<marquee behaviour=alternate>till we sail Brilliance of the Seas Venice etc

</marquee>

sarah.gif

Sovereign 96,Grandeur 97,

Grandeur 98 twice,

Enchantment 99 twice,

Voyager 00 twice,

Explorer 01 twice,

Millennium 01,

Explorer 02 thrice,

Brilliance 03 twice,

Navigator 03 twice,

Brilliance 5/04,

Brilliance 10/04,

dog-wagger.gif

A dog is not just for Christmas, it's for life

Sarah,Do you remember the name and/or location of the shop with designer bags....I would love to get a good price and almost any designer for my daughter.Do you recall if they carried Louis Vuitton

Archived