"Private Oasis" Excursion Half-Moon Bay

janpdel

We tried to book it... you can't book it in advance, but when we tried, it was booked in advance :confused:

Yep, you are so right. . . and G.C and I got to witness that first-hand quite recently.

We were part of the Splendor back2back, and were the first passengers returning onboard (ahead of all VIP/Platinum starting that day), and the Oasis was already a "done deal", and had been for quite some time. G.C got to see the lucky passenger who'd sealed the deal.

A number of the regular cabanas had been pre-arranged for that sailing as well.

Seems to be nothing more than a revenue game.

Janpdel,

If you are booking thru CCL it starts at $ 1,299. for up to ten people. The price goes up with the options selected. If you book with HAL it costs more.

Is it worth it? I guess that depends on what your budget is and how big a deal the cost is.

Are thge drinks good? Name brand all you want is what they offer. I see nothing wrong with that option.

Is it nice? Yes it sure is and I think well worth the price. It has a great location and is staffed by crews members who know they have to make you happy.

It seems that regular guests including platinum cruisers can not prebook cabana`s or the Oasis. They can be prebooked by travel agents or by your host from the OPC. This I have learned to be fact as both happened during our recent Splendor visit to HMC. While waiting in line to reserve a cabana I meet the man who several months earlier thru his OPC host reserved the Oasis. I got the cabana I wanted and when I arrived on the island I found out CCL had over booked. They attempted to get us to share ours with a large group of travel agents without any $$$`s offered. I declined their offer and was told half of the cabana`s had been prebooked by agents and word never got to the ship. One cabana had at least 25 people sharing it beside us.

Janpdel,

If you are booking thru CCL it starts at $ 1,299. for up to ten people. The price goes up with the options selected. If you book with HAL it costs more.

Is it worth it? I guess that depends on what your budget is and how big a deal the cost is.

Are thge drinks good? Name brand all you want is what they offer. I see nothing wrong with that option.

Is it nice? Yes it sure is and I think well worth the price. It has a great location and is staffed by crews members who know they have to make you happy.

It seems that regular guests including platinum cruisers can not prebook cabana`s or the Oasis. They can be prebooked by travel agents or by your host from the OPC. This I have learned to be fact as both happened during our recent Splendor visit to HMC. While waiting in line to reserve a cabana I meet the man who several months earlier thru his OPC host reserved the Oasis. I got the cabana I wanted and when I arrived on the island I found out CCL had over booked. They attempted to get us to share ours with a large group of travel agents without any $$$`s offered. I declined their offer and was told half of the cabana`s had been prebooked by agents and word never got to the ship. One cabana had at least 25 people sharing it beside us.

At least this explains how all 15 cabanas were sold so fast! I went right to the desk and was told they were gone almost at once. For some reason, I never entertained the idea we would not get one if I was prompt to the excursion desk....maybe next time. The clamshell was pretty nice for far less money:rolleyes:

Archived