Connecting to Rail from Anchorage to ship in Whitter

25cruiser25

We are going on the Alaska Mariner Cruise next August and will be doing independent travel to Anchorage. We have booked the train to Whitter through Radisson, but I'm confused as to where to get this charter train from. At first I was under the impression it was at the airport, but looking at maps of Anchorage I am now thinking it is at the train depot downtown? Please advise.

Thank you in advance.

I don't know about the train to Whittier, but I do know that the special chartered Radisson train from Anchorage to Seward this past August left directly from the train station at the airport. That was very convenient for us because we had rented a car at the airport when we arrived and returned it there prior to boarding the train.

So the train station is also at the airport too. I had thought that that was the case, but it became unclear to me because the main station is downtown. We also have a car reserved at the airport. How do you get from the car rental area to the train station? Are their shuttles? I am assuming your luggage goes with you on the train? Thanks for everyone's help!

The train station is not far from the car-rental return. We just dropped the luggage off by the station and a Radisson representative took care of the luggage while we turned in the car and walked back to the the station--not even a five minute walk. Very simple. Actually, I am pretty sure they take the luggage by truck separately--not on the train.

Dreps

Archived