van to Chichen Itza? and miss the ship on purpose?

iltravel

miss the ship on purpose? Does it sound crazy? I read a post here saying if someone missed the ship due to visiting Chichen Itza, he or she could just take a bus to catch the ship the next day at Coz. It actually sounds very attractive to me. We will take Carnival Fantasy and no excursion is offered by the ship on 12/25 for Tulum which is the part of the reason I book this cruise(didn't know until yesterday). So if we take private tour for Chichen Itza and not return to the ship, we can just take a bus going to Playa del Carmen and tour Tulum as much as we want, then return to the ship. Does it sound like a plan, or just crazy?

Any recommendation for private tour? Still easy to find one once getting off the ship?

Chichen Itza is open 365 days a year.

You would need to take a bus to Valladolid, then to Cancun. From Cancun a bus to Playa del Carmen, then a tour to Tulum, and then reverse the process....then, you would take the ferry to Cozumel and a taxi to the pier.

I don't recommend it. Why not take a tour of Dzibilchaltun or Uxmal from Progreso and save Tulum for another trip?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived