Drinks...

E&HT

I've been reading the forum for several weeks now. I'll be taking my first cruise in Feb. on the Pearl. I have a couple drink questions that I haven't found the answers to so far...

1) If my daughter gets the soda card can she use it to get Shirley Temples?

2) Can we get Captain Morgan for a bar set-up?

3) Are there any darker beers available (pale ales, india pale ales, etc...)

Thanks!

I've been reading the forum for several weeks now. I'll be taking my first cruise in Feb. on the Pearl. I have a couple drink questions that I haven't found the answers to so far...

I don't think so. Here's what the soda card includes:

Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Tonic Water, and Soda Water

However, maybe she could get a Shirley Temple if you purchased the Teen Passport for her. Here's the description for the Teen Passport:

20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass

The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

Thanks for the replies.

My husband will be disappointed if Captain Morgan isn't available, but I'm sure he'll adjust.

My daughter will be OK without the Shirley Temples, we may rethink a soda card for her though... (she's not a big "straight soda" drinker.

For me... I'm still waiting to hear about what beer is available...

Thanks!

I can answer number three, sort of... On the Pearl they actually have a bar that is pretty much nothing but Ale. I am very sure they will have Ale to please almost anyone. It is right next to the champagne bar.

Thanks!

When I cruised on the Dawn last month and my two years working on the America they were included in the soda card but on my Sun cruise the Waiter said he would have to charge an extra so you might just have to wait and ask on the ship.

I am pretty sure there is one beer bar w/ all sorts of unusual beers, ales etc. At least they did on the Gem. They had Guiness on tap which DH loved. Other places on board he had to make due w/ more conventional selections or run downstairs to "his" bar.

Thanks!

1. Soda only on the soda card

2. Capt is ion the Bar Setup list now at $63.00. Ordered it in August

Just got back from cruising on the Jewel late last month. One thing to look for is a beer tasting event on either the first or second day of the cruise. I can't remember the cost but it was very reasonable. Also the best value seemed to be the pail of beer which was six for the cost of five. All the best.

Archived