Sheraton Suites Plantation

lovetexas

I am looking for a good pre-cruise hotel. My dd just wants a swimming pool. I found a freebie from my bank for this hotel, but in going back on cc boards I could find no discussions. Tripadvisor gives good reviews, but cc are the experts---

What does anybody feel about this hotel? The pool looks great for my dd. We would need a food place at night (but fast is okay). Also, are there any shopping locations nearby? I tried to find on the map, but I got really confused-

Thanks--

Hi Lovetexas,

We have stayed at the Sheraton Plantation Suites....about 3 years ago.

The rooms are very nice and give you extra space....almost a seperate sitting area.Big dressing area and closet area....fridge...coffee maker.....restaurant for breakfast was very good.

We were there in late Nov. and the pool,although lovely, was not heated.

Hot tub was warm though....but tough to do lenghts !!

A great restaurant right across the street...Macaroni's...I think they're a chain...very good food.

Broward Mall is a 3 minute walk !! Not great but o.k.....just the usual stores.

However,you need a car....or encounter a very expensive taxi ride.I can't comment about pick-up or not at the airport, by the hotel.It's about 20 minutes from the airport....and then the same to the port.So, it's not real convenient to the port if that's what you were looking for.If you have a car, it's very easy to find.

Hope that is of some help !!

Enjoy Fort lauderdale and your cruise !!

Sharon:)

Archived