Captain Marvin's question

Terpsfan1

I am interested in making reservations for a trip with Captain Marvins, but have a concern. In the reservation form it asks not only for my credit card number but the four digit security number on the back. I have never been asked for this number when making transactions over the interenet and am a bit uncomfortable giving all of this information. Has anyone else booked with this operator and done this?

Thanks.:)

Ive booked with them twice, no problems. Great choice! If you are uncomfortable (and I can't blame you, having had a credit card compromised online myself recently), they have a toll free number that you can call to make your reservation. The number is for reservations only, any questions you have should be emailed. I've always gotten prompt answers to my emails, very friendly and helpful staff.

The good news is they are asking for the security number to confirm you actually have the card and are not someone who just stole the credit card number off a paper transaction somewhere. This past year I have had to provide the security number multiple times during internet purchases.

I've heard really good things about Captain Marvin's. How far in advance do you need to make a reservation? This is in general and not necessarily specific to CM.

Thanks!

It's been a long time ago, but I think for our first time with CM's (we were on a ship) I made the reservation about 5 or 6 months in advance. Not sure you need to do it that early, but I did. We now visit there for land vacations, so I tend to wait until closer to the time we'll be there (since we do the excursions on days there are no ships in port). :)

Have booked with Captain Marvin several times. Top notch tour operator. Best to Stingray City. Good, fast boats. They timed our arrival to both the Coral Gardens and Stingray City just as the hoardes were leaving. Nothing like snorkeling with the stingrays and a thousand or so of your closest friends!

• 4 weeks later...
Have booked with Captain Marvin several times. Top notch tour operator. Best to Stingray City. Good, fast boats. They timed our arrival to both the Coral Gardens and Stingray City just as the hoardes were leaving. Nothing like snorkeling with the stingrays and a thousand or so of your closest friends!

I am looking at Capt Marvins for our April trip. What time was your tour? I was thinking of doing the 11:30 Stingray and Coral Gardens.

For sting ray area where you able to walk on the sand bar or did you have to swim?

Also, how far is he from the ship dock- did you walk it- how long did it take you to get to his store front?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Archived