Triumph 2009/02/01

Jannick Chénier

Hey Everybody,

i'm leaving on Febuary first 2009 for a cruise in the Eastern Caraibeen.:D I've been travelling all around the world , even worked in the Bahamas , but its actually my first cruise. i'm leaving with my mother, i'm 22 and she's 50... we are actually Club Med addict... so this is completly new for us ...

I'm leaving on the 31st from Montreal , so we needed to book a hotel for the night prior to the boat departure..any suggestion ? I'm also looking for tips .... i have no idea what to expect:confused: ... for boardind... excursions.. life on the boat....

so any help would be greatly appreciate!

Thanks!!!:)

We are from Montreal too. Our first cruise was last March on the Triumph. We loved it so much !!!! We are going on the Freedom this March.

We flew into Fort Lauderdale ( flight was cheaper). We rented a car from Budget for under 50$ and drove to Miami. We stayed at La quinta miami airport. It was fine. It had a cruise shuttle in the morning and a great breakfast( waffles, yogourt, fruit...)Because we had the car we shopped a bit. We went to a mall and to a Publix and got two bottles of wine. Our room steward kept our wine in an ice bucket for us and he got us some wine glasses. It was nice to have a pre dinner drink in our room while we got ready. We still ended up buying two bottles in the restaurant and when we did not finish them one night they would put it away for the next night. We loved the food and service. We were in an inside cabin on Empress deck, middle of the ship. No seasickness at all.( I took bonine evry night before bed just to be on the safe side)Our ports were San juan, St-thomas and Nassau. St-thomas was our fav.

Boarding the ship is really easy and comfortable. We got there at around 11:30. Don't worry about line ups, the way it is set up you are sitting down most of the time, they call you up by colours( you get these as you come in). As soon as you are on the ship, they take your picture and drink offers start! Everyone told me not to get suckered into byuing that first drink. I was determined not to. But... once I was on the ship it was too much !!! Lol I think I knocked over my husband to grab for that cute drink with an umbrella in it LOL. Damn it is so cold in Montreal, Froo-froo drinks, sun, beach , who can resist.

Have a really great time.

Manon

RealTrip hows it going??? LOL we were on the same cruise. . and met a few times at the port and on the boat. Yeah the triumph is a great ship you guys will have a blast! Don't let the little this bother you and you will have the time of your life. As far as hotels you can go to the east coast departures board for more info otherwise alot of people stay at the Holiday Inn Biscayne Bay which is near the port. . no shuttles so you would need to take taxi from the airport and to the port. Right across from bayside market which is a cool place to hang and stuff. We stayed at the Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon by the airport which was very nice. . free airport shuttle and $10 per person to the port for their shuttle. . across from maybe restuarants and stores, free hot breakfast. Any other questions we would be happy to answer them. . have a fun cruise! :D

We are going on the same cruise we are from Toronto but my Brother and sister in law are coming as well and they are from Montreal Lavel they are leaving on the 31st staying over night and going to Miami on Sunday morning cannot remmeber the hotel but I will check maybe you could share a ride to the terminal on Sunday.This is our first cruise as well we are looking forward to it 66 days to go.We are not sure what excursions to book yet weather we should book in advance our wait until we get on the ship we where looking to book Castaway barefoot sail & snorkel to shipwreck cove in St Thomas 3 hours if anyone has been on this excursion could you let me know what it was like.

Alan

Hey guys,

thx for all of your info... i'm pretty amazed about this forum , you are all so helpfull and completly cruise crazy, i hope by the end of my trip all share all your excitement.

Finaly we booke at the Marriot Biscayne Bay for the night before our departure.. i saw some great review.

So if you have any more info... keep them coming!!!!

65 days to go... i think im gonna drive my co-workers crazy :p

Archived