SAN JUAN back-to-back cruise port question

CDR77

I was wondering if anyone has been on back to back cruises with different cruise lines out of San Juan in the past?

I will be travelling on two cruises in January.

The first is a 7 day Southern Caribbean on Royal Caribbean's Serenade of the Seas eaving San Juan on January 3 and arriving back in San Juan on January 10.

The other one is a 7 Day Southern Caribbean on Celebrity Summit leaving San Juan on January 10 and returning January 17.

I was wondering how early one can take their luggage over to the celebrity port area after departing the Royal Carribean ship in the morning. We would like to tour around San Juan until around 4:00 PM without the hassle of luggage in tow. Has anyone tried this before with another cruise line and then Celebrity?

Any tips would are appreciated :)

If you ask for the lastest departure time from Serenade, by the time you depart the ship, they should be accepting luggage for the Celebrity ship - which is literally right next door to Serenade.

You probably won't be able to board yet so you'll still have to keep any carryon luggage with you, but that would free you up easily.

Otherwise, you can always store your luggage at Barrachina's restaurant in OSJ while you tour around. Of course, it could be a hassle to get a taxi to OSJ with your luggage and then vice versa.

11:00 is awesome. Thank you very much for taking the time to post this information. It will allow me and the other guests I am travelling with to plan our day in San Juan between cruises with a better accuracy. Thanks Again!

Archived