Wyndham Cozumel??

cmscogins

Has anyone been to the Wyndham Cozumel all inclusive day pass? My wife and I are thinking about booking it as a shore excursion and want to know if it is worth it. :confused:

The Wyndham is a very nice resort. What are you wanting to do for the day snorkel, drink, kayak a bit, sit back on a lounge chair, eat lunch or all the above? There are places you can do most of this for very little money. However Wyndham is, like I said before, a nice place that offers all these activities in a day pass.

I was there in June and didn't really like it. The beach was rough, long lines for food and watery drinks. Their pool was and the staff was very nice.

I went to Nachi Cocum again a couple week ago and it was great as usual. They bring you food and drinks and the beach is nicer. You do have to pay extra for jet skis, banana boat rides, para-sailing and snorkeling. But it is offered.

The Wyndham is a very nice resort. What are you wanting to do for the day snorkel, drink, kayak a bit, sit back on a lounge chair, eat lunch or all the above? There are places you can do most of this for very little money. However Wyndham is, like I said before, a nice place that offers all these activities in a day pass.

We are looking for a place to go and be pampered. Someplace where we wouldn't have to worry about being nickled and dimed. We tried Nachi but they are booked out for a private party. We wanted to do some activities but also wanted to vegg, eat, drink, and get massages. I know the massages aren't included but wanted everything else to be included. I appreciate your thoughts on the Wyndham.

Cheers

Has anyone been there recently?

We just got off our cruise yesterday and I am glad I found this post. We paid $50 pp for the Wyndham before leaving, after receiving an e-mail about the enormous buffet, good food and lots of activities. WELL, we must have been there at the wrong time. A HUGH DISAPPOINTMENT!! Only 1 pool was open, no swim-up bar, sparse help, NO buffet, bad food and watered down drinks. On top of that, as we pulled up in our taxi, we were approached by 3 different men trying to sell us a day pass for $10 pp if we went and listened to their 45 min. time share talk. For $10, it might have been worth it; otherwise, I would suggest picking an alternative way to spend your day! :mad:

We were there in August. The beach is a little rocky, but very beautiful. We went snorkeling and that was great. My DH did a Scuba excursion and had a very nice time. I was sitting on the beach reading while he was gone. The pools were nice and warm. The food--not good. The buffet food and drinks were pretty bad. But, as I was leaving I saw a nicer restaurant type area that I think cruise passengers could eat at, but no one told me, so we didn't know. It's about 20--30 minutes away too, so that's something to consdier.

We just got off our cruise yesterday and I am glad I found this post. We paid $50 pp for the Wyndham before leaving, after receiving an e-mail about the enormous buffet, good food and lots of activities. WELL, we must have been there at the wrong time. A HUGH DISAPPOINTMENT!! Only 1 pool was open, no swim-up bar, sparse help, NO buffet, bad food and watered down drinks. On top of that, as we pulled up in our taxi, we were approached by 3 different men trying to sell us a day pass for $10 pp if we went and listened to their 45 min. time share talk. For $10, it might have been worth it; otherwise, I would suggest picking an alternative way to spend your day! :mad:

We're not in port long enough to devote 45 minutes to a timeshare talk. I would gladly pay the extra $40. Also, why pay the $50. up front? Island Marketing only requires a $10.00 deposit with the balance payable upon arrival at the check-in.

We're not in port long enough to devote 45 minutes to a timeshare talk. I would gladly pay the extra $40. Also, why pay the $50. up front? Island Marketing only requires a $10.00 deposit with the balance payable upon arrival at the check-in.

We did go through Island Marketing and only paid the $10 deposit and the rest when we got there. It doesn't matter how you do it or when - it's still a HUGE waste of money.

We did go through Island Marketing and only paid the $10 deposit and the rest when we got there. It doesn't matter how you do it or when - it's still a HUGE waste of money.
Okay, that's different story than saying you paid the $50. before you left. Was there any explanation about no buffet? What did they serve in lieu of this? I do appreciate your warning and I'm not doubting your report but if they're not delivering what they're supposed to then a. they should provide an explanation and b. offer you remuneration.

Okay, that's different story than saying you paid the $50. before you left. Was there any explanation about no buffet? What did they serve in lieu of this? I do appreciate your warning and I'm not doubting your report but if they're not delivering what they're supposed to then a. they should provide an explanation and b. offer you remuneration.

To me, it doesn't matter when you pay - you're paying $50 pp, whether it's before you arrive and find out you're not getting what you had been told or after. The staff at the Wyndham was polite but didn't speak a lot of English, had no idea about what "Island Marketing" had promised so couldn't really help. We didn't arrive at the Wyndham until after 1:00 due to our in port time so we only had until 5 pm. We discovered the restaurant after it was closed for lunch at about 3:30. I have not written Island Marketing as I am leaving tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and will not be able to correspond with them. My post was not to seek any explanation or remuneration but to merely warn others before they make the same mistake. There were only about 6 other people at the hotel that day around the pool and snack bar and beach so maybe they aren't full enough to warrant a buffet but they shouldn't tell you about it if it isn't for sure. Anyhow, if you decide to go, I hope your experience is better than ours.

To me, it doesn't matter when you pay - you're paying $50 pp, whether it's before you arrive and find out you're not getting what you had been told or after. The staff at the Wyndham was polite but didn't speak a lot of English, had no idea about what "Island Marketing" had promised so couldn't really help. We didn't arrive at the Wyndham until after 1:00 due to our in port time so we only had until 5 pm. We discovered the restaurant after it was closed for lunch at about 3:30. I have not written Island Marketing as I am leaving tomorrow for a 10 day cruise and will not be able to correspond with them. My post was not to seek any explanation or remuneration but to merely warn others before they make the same mistake. There were only about 6 other people at the hotel that day around the pool and snack bar and beach so maybe they aren't full enough to warrant a buffet but they shouldn't tell you about it if it isn't for sure. Anyhow, if you decide to go, I hope your experience is better than ours.

Wow, I'm a little bummed out by this. We've paid a deposit for the Wyndham resort for May. Island Martketing made it sound wonderful, and I've read some other reviews on how good it is. Maybe since they weren't busy, they didn't care that much? Do you plan on contacting Island Marketing when you get back from your other cruise? I think they definitely need to know that people are not getting what I.M. promises them. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

I think we're still going to stick with the Wyndham and keep our fingers crossed. I have read some good posts on it. We looked at Nachi too, but we want access to more activities than Nachi offers. I don't care much about the rocky beach. That just usually means more snorkeling, which is fine by me.

Wow, I'm a little bummed out by this. We've paid a deposit for the Wyndham resort for May. Island Martketing made it sound wonderful, and I've read some other reviews on how good it is. Maybe since they weren't busy, they didn't care that much? Do you plan on contacting Island Marketing when you get back from your other cruise? I think they definitely need to know that people are not getting what I.M. promises them. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

I think we're still going to stick with the Wyndham and keep our fingers crossed. I have read some good posts on it. We looked at Nachi too, but we want access to more activities than Nachi offers. I don't care much about the rocky beach. That just usually means more snorkeling, which is fine by me.

I cancelled my Island Marketing booking because the description indicated late breakfast and the email indicated no breakfast. I pointed this out and they apologized, said the ad would be corrected (I haven't bothered to look) and are refunding me the $10.00 deposit. Once before, my ship was late and I couldn't make a snorkel catamaran excursion. When I explained this after the cruise they refunded the deposit. So, at least they seem to be an honorable company.

I cancelled my Island Marketing booking because the description indicated late breakfast and the email indicated no breakfast. I pointed this out and they apologized, said the ad would be corrected (I haven't bothered to look) and are refunding me the $10.00 deposit. Once before, my ship was late and I couldn't make a snorkel catamaran excursion. When I explained this after the cruise they refunded the deposit. So, at least they seem to be an honorable company.

Yeah, they seem to have some pretty decent feedback, both on this site and their own. I'm going to stick with them and hope I'm not disappointed. But, I doubt I will be because I'll just be thrilled to be in the Caribbean.

Archived