lounge chair on Summit CC veranda?

sciencemom45

We did :) We had 8176 which is an accessible CC cabin for Hawaii and for Alaska- same cabin, different ships. There were 4 loungers and a nice round table with 2 chairs as well as 2 smaller drinks type tables. The ramp was easily moved so my DH's power chair could go in/out easily. We also moved the table indoors sometimes and used it for card games with our friends. This cabin balcony had some hard cover, some canvas cover, and an open area.

Most Concierge Class cabins do not have verandas large enough for lounge chairs....however, we were in 6135 on the Summit during August & loved the cabin! It's a CC room among the suites. The veranda was fantastic. The location of the cabin right by the aft staircase just above the main restaurant was great. There were 2 lounge chairs & a small table ALONG with a larger table & 2 chairs for dining. Cruise Critic friends were in aft cabin 9160-it was equally roomy and had the same assortment of furniture on the veranda. You won't go wrong with either cabin!

Terri

2810938220103947255S425x425Q85.jpg

Check out this site...either of the cabins 6135 --36 should see more photes here, but as she said The cabin is pretty much the same as any CC cabin. Try the Aft CC's for the large balconies and they always have lounge chairs, see same website for aft, non FV cabins too http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

Hi Barbara!

You're going to LOVE that cabin! I think you should be able to access our pictures here: share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8QZsWrJw3avwg

Lets see a few things....There was an umbrella & binoculars in the cabin, so you don't need to bring them. I brought a small extension cord, but I didn't need it. There are 2 outlets on the desk, which were enough for us. I guess if you're bringing a laptop & plan on plugging in a few cell phones, you might need to bring one. I didn't bring a travel clock & wished I did. There is a clock on the phone that works well for wake up calls, but if you want to know what time it is in the middle of the night, you can't tell without turning the light on. We had our cabin attendant empty out the refrigerator so we could use it for the wine we brought on board when we boarded. Oh & I bought a few of those battery operated candles from Bed, Bath & Beyond that we used for a little ambiance on the veranda!

So you're out of San Juan on Jan 3rd? Looks like a great cruise! Feel free to email me with any questions before the 24th when I'm going with my daughter (she's a middle school guidance counselor near you in Arlington!) on the Century for 5 nights out of Miami! Hope you have a fantastic cruise & a wonderful holiday!

Terri

Archived