Q1 2009 Fuel Surcharge Refund Watch Thread

hawt1

LATEST UPDATE

Days until price check: 17

If oil closes on December 18th below $65.00 per barrel, Q1 2009 passengers get an OBC for their fuel surcharge.

Price of oil at last closing on December 1st: $54.43

TREND

December 1st - $49.28

November 28th - $54.43

November 27th - No Trading

November 26th - $54.44

November 25th - $49.77

December 2 (morning) - WTI is trading at around $49.83

Difference between this morning's price and target: $15.17

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $0.8918

Your chart is really helpful!!!

Wooo Hooo.

What is the ticket symbol for this? I am just using google finance if it matters.

I have only $32 riding on it but on a 2 night cruise with C&A coupons, this can really go far.

I am going to: http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/

It is not instantaneous, but updates several times per day. The "WTI Cushing Spot" is the index that matters for the refunds.

What are the dates for each quarter? We are sailing the Freedom at the end of June. What date do I need to keep an eye out for for the next decision on the fuel surcharge for that sailing?

Here is the date/price for your cruise: "If the price per barrel is $65 or less on March 18, 2009, passengers departing between April 1 and June 30, 2009 will receive onboard credit."

To keep an eye out you can just monitor the price of oil via: http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/ (or other links people have posted). If on March 18, 2009 at 4:00pm Eastern Time the price for WTI Cushing Spot is at or under $65 per barrel you will automatically be refunded whatever fuel surcharge you received as an OBC (On Board Credit) on your cruise.

LATEST UPDATE

Days until price check: 16

If oil closes on December 18th below $65.00 per barrel, Q1 2009 passengers get an OBC for their fuel surcharge.

Price of oil at last closing on December 2nd: $46.96

TREND

December 2nd - $46.96

December 1st - $49.28

November 28th - $54.43

November 27th - No Trading

November 26th - $54.44

Difference between last closing price and target: $18.04

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $1.125

Looking forward to having that last line read something along the lines of:

Required increase per day to NOT get refund: $20.00

Must say that having oil back at 64.99 would suit me fine as it would return alot of my invesment losses that I have experienced lately.

It will be an automatic OBC for you - although on Jan 2 I would not expect RCI to have their act together yet so check and double check to make sure you get it. I am sailing Jan 25 and fully expect to have to line up at pursers desk to get it even then based on RCI experiences...

It will be an automatic OBC for you - although on Jan 2 I would not expect RCI to have their act together yet so check and double check to make sure you get it. I am sailing Jan 25 and fully expect to have to line up at pursers desk to get it even then based on RCI experiences...
We cruise IOS on Jan. 10 -- this is the type of credit that I will keep checking my account on stateroom TV and even getting a printout. If I don't see it, I will follow up with Guest Relations.

Thank you Sherri. This would be a tremendous refund for this as we are doing the forty six day cruise. I wonder if it will be given in on board credit or credit to our credit card.

They are refunding it as OBC.

I plan on doing my mom/son trip in March, havent booked yet but will do the next cruise booking on my trip next week. Then book when the cruise I am watching drops a bit in price. What if I wait until Jan to book?? Will I not be charged the fuel supplement or will I get OBC for whatever I am charged? If money permits, I will be booking in December but with DH still unemployed.. who knows. I might have to wait until a last minute special

[quote name='SherriZ366']Your chart is really helpful!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought I should add the 5 day trend to put things in perspective.

Someone else will need to start and update the Q2 thread as I have no vested interest in it!

Hawt1

[quote name='newfarmers']and we'll have $280 to spend onboard Legend, not that it will even touch our expenses onboard, especially after reading about the drink prices. Who cares, we're on holidays, on a ship, in an exotic locale!!! yippeeeeeeeee[/quote]

We went out this weekend and a glass of wine was $6.50, and a Pina Colada was $7.95. Without the Collector cup drinks are about the same price. On the Explorer thread someone listed DOD prices and they were about $8.75 [B]with[/B] the collector cup. So I guess prices onboard are just about on par with our local prices.

[quote name='mom2NnB']We went out this weekend and a glass of wine was $6.50, and a Pina Colada was $7.95. Without the Collector cup drinks are about the same price. On the Explorer thread someone listed DOD prices and they were about $8.75 [B]with[/B] the collector cup. So I guess prices onboard are just about on par with our local prices.[/quote]
8.75 is correct for DOD on Ex but that is before tip and also tax if it applies. On sale away in Dizzy's on Ex they got more than $20 for 2 daiquiris. Which shocked me greatly as it wasnt even DOD.

I'm kind of confused. :confused: I haven't had time to read all of the posts regarding this situation, so please forgive me.....

I understand the fuel supplement charges are no longer for people who booked on or after November 11, 2008.

Why don't they just drop the charges for all of us who had already booked before that date?

It reminds me of when they implemented the fuel surcharge to begin with. Everyone was in an uproar because they charged the ones who had already booked. Now, the ones who have already booked are being messed with again.

I just don't understand why we have to wait for "quarters", sitting on the edge of our seats, waiting to find out if we will get a credit. They are playing games with us....and it is very frustrating.

As the "quarters" come up....are you getting the refunds? I haven't heard a conclusion on this yet.

Thanks for letting me vent. :)

Archived