Destiny 11/22 western caribbean review

valancy1

[quote name='Vilya']Thanks so much for this review! I'm going on my first-ever cruise on 1-3-09, on the Destiny, so any information I can get is welcome. I can't wait!! :)[/quote]

You are most welcome! The best "advice" I can give is form your OWN opinion, do as much as you want without feeling like you need a vacation after your cruise (you will not be able to do everything Carnival offers for activities) and ENJOY YOURSELF!

If I can help in any way, let me know.

You're going to have a BLAST!

[quote name='valancy1']No... I sent you an e-mail today, did you get it? Try my "junk" e-mail: [EMAIL="valancy1@yahoo.com"]valancy1@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] (I don't give out my real e-mail on forums, but I think you have it...???)

Debra[/quote]

Yes I received your email and "replied" back.

Last night I sent it to both of your addresses. Wonder what's going on???

I'm going to try again, to both addresses, but manually type in the link....and see what happens.

[quote name='KenMo']Yes I received your email and "replied" back.

Last night I sent it to both of your addresses. Wonder what's going on???

I'm going to try again, to both addresses, but manually type in the link....and see what happens.[/quote]

Once my sister sent me some pictures from her Blackberry. I got them the next day. I was getting e-mails from everyone else, so who knows?! I bet I get a bunch of 'em from ya later. LOL...

valancy1 great review and pictures.

i am not sure what it is called.....they take your [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]luggage to the airport for you.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]did they have it for FLL airport? and how much?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]we leave in 2 weeks......[/FONT]

[quote name='bluey258']valancy1 great review and pictures.

i am not sure what it is called.....they take your [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]luggage to the airport for you.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]did they have it for FLL airport? and how much?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]thanks[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]we leave in 2 weeks......[/FONT][/quote]

Bluey,

I think you're talking about Luggage Express. I don't know why they did NOT offer it on our cruise, but they didn't. We got to use it on our September cruise on the [I]Liberty[/I]; however, not this trip.

We did self assist instead and it was not bad. We'll do that again if Luggage Express isn't offered.... THAT is a GREAT service!!!

[quote name='bluey258']thank you

i hope they do for ours. we are not flying out till 6 that night....want to go looking around....would be better without Luggage.[/quote]

Advice is worth what you paid for it, so here's my "advice".

If we weren't leaving until evening (without the Luggage Express option), I would contact SAS Transportation and ask them to pick me up at POM and take me to the airport. I would then go to the rental car station and rent a car for a day with a GPS and hit up all the places I'd like to go.

My husband and I went to the Everglades for the day and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. South Beach is right there, and there's oodles of things to do. Totally justifies the cost of a rental car.

FWIW, we went to National (I'm an Emerald Club member because of my job) at Miami Beach. We returned the car at FLL for no charge. Alamo is there, as well as several vendors. National didn't have a shuttle, but I saw Dollar. Hertz is about a mile or so from the port, as is Avis.

Have fun! I hope you enjoy your cruise!

that is what we are doing is renting a car for the day. great minds think alike....;)

we are renting from hertz. they had great price......

we are using SAS to get to the hotel in Miami before the cruise. i couldn't find any rental for good price.

plus the hotel wanted 29 for parking..that is to many DOD..lol

[quote name='bluey258']that is what we are doing is renting a car for the day. great minds think alike....;)

we are renting from hertz. they had great price......

we are using SAS to get to the hotel in Miami before the cruise. i couldn't find any rental for good price.

plus the hotel wanted 29 for parking..that is to many DOD..lol[/quote]

LOL... no kidding. You'll like the folks at SAS. They are prompt, friendly, and offer a GREAT price.

Hope to read a review when you get back :)

• 2 weeks later...
I was searching and searching for Destiny reviews with pics. Then I came across this one and Falkcor's. This was a very very good review! The pictures were wonderful! I have never been on Destiny so I wanted to see beforehand what it looked like... Thanks so so much! :D

Hey Debra. Thanks for the review! Good job and nice pictures! Only a work-week away from our cruise on Destiny... same ports as yours. PS. I was in Grand Cayman the same day as you... Via the VAlor! Great weather that day! :-) (Geesh! now i'm eating PB & J and Ramen noodles to pay for these cruises!!!)

Hey Debra, I really enjoyed your review and your pictures are simply wonderful. It's good to see that all the negative comments about the Destiny are not true. The ship looks wonderful and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. I will be sailing her on Mar 14th 2009.:)

Mouche, you're going to have a great time! See if you note the "circle" theme around the ship. I loved the big "circles" on the ceiling in the promenade where there is a space theme inside. FUN!

I hope you'll write a review when you get back.

HAVE A BLAST (and a Funship Special for me)!

• 3 weeks later...
:)Hi Debra,
I'm so glad I found your review & pictures.... You sure have put me at ease, I will admit I was wondering what I would find when we boarded the Destiny, due to many bad reviews I have recently read. The pictures look great & you and your husband seem to have enjoyed yourselves, despite a few obstacles we can't control. That's the cruisin attitude we all need to have! We will be cruising the Destiny Feb 23rd and I can't wait. How nice it will be to get away from this NY winter. Our cruise will be going to Grand Turk, Nassau, & Carnivals private island, which the name escapes me at the moment. I sure do love the itinerary you were scheduled for, GC & Jamaica are two of my favorites. Thanks again for all the great pictures and the reassurance, Happy New Year.

[quote name='TanIslandGirl']:)Hi Debra,
I'm so glad I found your review & pictures.... You sure have put me at ease, I will admit I was wondering what I would find when we boarded the Destiny, due to many bad reviews I have recently read. The pictures look great & you and your husband seem to have enjoyed yourselves, despite a few obstacles we can't control. That's the cruisin attitude we all need to have! We will be cruising the Destiny Feb 23rd and I can't wait. How nice it will be to get away from this NY winter. Our cruise will be going to Grand Turk, Nassau, & Carnivals private island, which the name escapes me at the moment. I sure do love the itinerary you were scheduled for, GC & Jamaica are two of my favorites. Thanks again for all the great pictures and the reassurance, Happy New Year.[/quote]

You are going to Half Moon Cay, which you will love... we did a B2B on the Destiny and I LOOOOVED HMC and GT... GC and Jamaica are two of my least favorites, so maybe you will REALLY love HMC and GT!! Both really beautiful... GT is still pretty damaged from the hurricane, but the people are wonderful and it is still beautiful. HMC is a different experience... you will have the bartenders from the ship, and eat basically the same food from the grill at lunch... so it's like being on the ship, but you are on the beach.. you use your S&S card for your drinks. The Destiny wa sa great ship, have a great time!!

OP, great review and pics!!! I never even SAW Jorge... out of 10 cruises, that was the first time I never saw the CD, and we were on the ship for 9 days!!!!!!

Tan Girl,

Hope you'll post a review when you get back! See if you saw "circles" as many times as I did (I love noticing "themes").

HAVE A BLAST! We don't cruise until September; I have a LONG wait! :)

Thanks to you and Lucy for your kind words :)

• 1 month later...

Archived