Sapphire Kids Club

Ratdoggie

We will be on the Sapphire Princess during Spring Break 2009. This is only our second cruise and the first one with our daughter who is twelve. I'd like her to try the kid's club, but she will be the top of her age group as it appears she would be in the 8-12 category. This is fine with me as I wouldn't want her to be with older teens, but I wonder about the activities in the 8-12 age group and if they will hold her interest. Does anyone have any experience or advice about the kid's club for pre-teens?

Thanks!

It's been three years since our last Princess cruise, but our girl was in the 8-12 group. They had plenty of activities, such as games, arts and crafts, kids' dinner (a private dinner in the Horizon Court for just the kids), movies, video games, etc. Science activities too (through a partnership with the California Science Center) including the extremely popular squid dissection. And itinerary-specific activities (eg. making of a glacier model on the Alaskan cruise, going to a hula folkloric performance on the Hawaiian cruise).

On the first day,when you get to the cabin, there will be a day-by-day listing in a packet for you and your kids to look over.

BTW, on her last cruise, there were plenty of 12-yr-olds participating, and my 8-yr-old said that they weren't snobby toward her at all.

There's also plenty of kids hanging out at the pool and the kids can participate in many of the "adult" activities, such as classes and trivia (our team at our Simpsons trivia match included a boy).

Thank you for the info Crusin' Chick, it makes me feel better. My daughter gets along well wth younger kids and the activities sound like fun!

I have learned that kids can page their parents if they decide they want to leave the club, so that made me feel better too. And since we are going during Spring Break I'm sure my daughter will find plenty of kids to make friends with. I guess I'm probably worried over nothing!

Archived