Singles on New Year cruises

thepumpkin

I notice some good rates on Summit out of San Juan for the Dec 27 cruise. It is a long flight to San Juan etc.....so wondering if the cruise will most likely be family groups as it is a holiday period or do singles travel on cruises at this time? I have only done one Celebrity cruise.....it was a great cruise but not many singles.....

I would appreciate any advice.

Normally I love cruising solo but a few years ago I took a solo New Year's cruise on the Century and I have to confess that it was very sad and lonely, so never again for me. Mostly couples and families and a few groups of women. Maybe it will be different on the Summit.

I cruised solo last year the week before Christmas. It was one of the best weeks of my life! I did what I wanted, when I wanted, with no pressure to do anything I didn't want to do. I never felt lonely. My table mates were fun. Each day I soaked up the sun on the beach and wandered where ever I wanted to go. There was always someone to talk too, on the beach, or on the ship.

It's all about mood. If you are in the mood for a week with total freedom, go for it! On the other hand, if you're bummed about something, go for it anyway! It might turn out to be a great week. Might even make a new friend... ;)

It's YOUR week. Sit in a lounge, drink a wine, sleep in, find a nice place on a safe beach,,,whatever...it's YOUR week. Make it great.

Archived