how is the cruise directors on the liberty and Imagination

lennel

Steve Knisley is the CD for the Liberty. Steve is from Toronto (Ontario--yes he is Canadian). Steve was truly hilarious, and add James the Assistand CD in the mix you are in for a suprise. The two play off each other and they have a lot of fun together.

You will have a good time. I suggest the lido deck party, it is quite fun!

We just got off Liberty and I thought that Steve was one of the worst CD's we've ever experienced. James, the Asst. CD was funny and always seen around on the ship.

We only saw Steve at the beginning of the shows and on the TV. He didn't even show up for "Walk for the Cure" but James and the Captain were there. Also, he speaks SOOOOOOO fast it's ridiculous. For someone who's supposed to be imparting information to the guests, you can't figure out what he's saying.

On the Imagination it was Karl with a K , he was great .

If Karl is still on the Imagination he is awesome - sailed twice with him on the Liberty. Very out and about - you can tell he loves his job and both performing onstage and interacting with the guests.

See, I really liked Steve Knicely on Liberty. LOVED JAMES... OMG he is HYSTERICAL. You'll have a great time. I liked how Steve got on the PA system and wished everyone a good day and went over some of the offerings for the day and such. The last cruise we just returned from didn't have that--the CD on that cruise was ONLY around when he was on stage (imho).

We just got off Liberty and I thought that Steve was one of the worst CD's we've ever experienced. James, the Asst. CD was funny and always seen around on the ship.

We only saw Steve at the beginning of the shows and on the TV. He didn't even show up for "Walk for the Cure" but James and the Captain were there. Also, he speaks SOOOOOOO fast it's ridiculous. For someone who's supposed to be imparting information to the guests, you can't figure out what he's saying.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought Steve talked entirely too fast. We just returned from the Liberty and I wrote that on the comment card.

Steve was around the Liberty, naturally it wasn't when I was around. Many people who I met at our meet and greet ran into him and chatted with him on the ship. It could have been that our ship was rerouted and he needed to do a few more checks because the route was one that the ship has never done before.

Steve didn't talk fast, he talks normal speed, from my perspective. Please don't blast me on this, but you might notice what I am saying. Southerners talk slower and with a drawl. I can't watch anything redneck because they talk too slow and take their sweet times. Perhaps it is a Northern thing. Perhaps it's the fact we have four seasons and we get snow that makes us talk faster cuz it can get downright cold when it snows.....

Based on where you are all from (in youyr profiles) I am sensing it is a North/South thing (Southern drawl vs no drawl at all).

The drawl has nothing to do with it. We ( southerners ) always seem to get a bad rap from yous guys. Maybe, you should quit making fun of people and stereotyping. I just did not find him to my favorite CD.

Yeah, and everyone stop making fun of people of size, too! Oh, and single people who like cats! And stereotyping men who do blue collar jobs that all they do on weekends is sit and drink beer and watch football! And that ALL women love shoes!

C'mon... everyone somewhere along the line is stereotyped!

We did not think that Steve talked too fast at all...we thought he was a good cruise director. Perhaps Carnival should hire only Americans to keep the majority of their cruisers happy...we as Canadians seem to be more tolerant of cultural differences.

Shari (married to a different Steve from Toronto, Ontario)

Karl with a K left the Imagination on Nov 7 for vacation. Tina Noble was the Imagination cruise director after that. She was a decent cruise director, but nothing really stood out. You know there are some CD's you see everywhere, everyone talks about them being great, etc. She didn't strike me as in that category. But didn't have any complaints about her either.

I really wasn't impressed with Steve either on the Liberty. Didn't have a problem with the way he spoke, just didn't really care for him that much compared with other CD's I've had in the past.

Stingray

Liberty 11/1/08

Valor 10/7/07

Inspiration 10/9/06

Triumph 10/16/04

Paradise 10/5/03

Triumph 9/22/01

Sensation 2/99

Celebration 10/92

Norwegian Sea 10/91

Archived