Anyone know if the roads are ok...

cruisin' cate

from Beaumont Texas to the ferry in Port Bolivar that takes you to Galveston? We always drive this way from Arkansas and wasn't sure what the road conditions are like after Hurricane Ike. Thanks for any info!

Are you a AAA member ? if so call them and they will tell you. If not you could always have a friend it that is a member....

Hi cruisin' cate,

We've always driven the "around Houston" way. Are you in SE Arkansas? Would that make the difference in using the Bolivar ferry or going through Texarkana and around Houston? Just curious for next time :).

OT, please join us on the Arkansas board :D! Click on the link in my signature!

We're from Northwest Arkansas' date=' near Fayetteville. DH likes the drive through Beaumont and not going near Houston. Too much traffic, I guess. :rolleyes:[/quote']

My DH and I went to college in Fayetteville but we've lived here in Texas for 30 years. We grew up in Little Rock and North Little Rock. Y'all are definitely taking the scenic route going around through Beaumont and into Galveston the back way. Actually, traffic on a Saturday in Houston isn't too bad...or maybe I'm just used to it. Have a great trip to Galveston and enjoy your cruise! :D

Archived