Guest entertainers QM2

cruzadict

We are on the Xmas/New Year cruise on QM2 and wondered if there is any way on the Cunard website that I can see who the guest evening entertainers will be. Also have Cunard now changed their production shows?

Go to the website, find your voyage, and there should be a tab with something like "enrichment program."

I just returned from the November 21-29 cruise and felt the entertainment was the weakest aspect of the cruise. Many of the same shows that I saw during my previous voyages were still around. The speakers, too, were less than impressive.

The entertainment department is in serious need of a refit more than the ship. This opinion notwithstanding, I still had a very pleasant time aboard.

Now that QE2 is gone, I have to make my peace with Queen Mary 2.;)

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

No, you don't know beforehand who the entertainers will be. I found them to be very good and other evenings found it a waste of time to be there.

They are introducing some new shows and "Rock @ the opera" was not shown last week, instead they featured the singers, the two orchestras and the strings. I really enjoyed it.

On the Nov. 29 sailing we had many enjoyable shows. One of the production numbers was debuting and it had beautiful costumes and featured the 4 singers (three I liked very much the fourth man not so much). There was also the String quartet, Robin Hill guitarist, Campbell ? a pianist (usually in the Commodore Club), a flute player (as good as I have ever heard), a magician/comic, and a production show featuring the dancers that was great. I liked the evening entertainment very much and we attended all the classical concerts in Illumenations which were very special. Unfortunately the star gazing with the Royal Astronomer just got us all on deck 12 when the Heavens opened and the rain sent us all under the stairs in a soggy crowd! The entertainment is pleasent and of high quality and certainly much much better than what I see in my town or on TV.

Campbell Simpson has been on the ship for years. He was playing at afternoon tea one day and was playing this lovely classical piece and suddenly switched into "Teddy Bears' Picnic" and then back to the classical piece. I hadn't been paying attention to who the pianist was but realized then it could only be Campbell Simpson who would do that. On TAs Campbell and the strings have done an afternoon concert where Campbell performs "Rhapsody in Blue".

Archived