Stingray city ?

artable

Hello everyone !

We are planning on booking a Stingray excursion, although not with our cruise, as I read it's not really worth it.

Any suggestions ? Looking for something not too crowded, friendly guides :)

Also, as for the snorkeling, do all the boats bring everyone to th same place ? Are there tours that have better spots or is it pretty much all the same ?

Thank you !

Like most ships excursions they are over priced. Last year we used Moby Dicks and it was great not crowded at all on our boat. The cruiseline tour pulled up after us and they were packed in like sardines, we had only 15 people total on our tour.

Was it worth the money I say yes. The guides were very friendly, knowledable and patient. We had a 3 young children on our tour that were terrifed to get in the water, after a few minutes they finally got in and loved it.

We had only one other small tour at the reef where we snorkled, I cant speak for other companies but what moby dicks does is goes to the sting rays 1st if it's crowded he will then do the snorkeling 1st and go back to the sting rays. He wants his customers to have the best experience with the rays and we did.

I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone

Thank you so much !! You just confirmed me that booking with the cruise is a big no-no.

I'll contact Moby Dicks to see if they still have some availabilities :)

We normally do independent tours unless the ship arrival and departure times are very close to the independent tour times.

For us, it's worth the extra cruise ship charge to ensure that the ship will not leave without us. :D

We normally do independent tours unless the ship arrival and departure times are very close to the independent tour times.

For us, it's worth the extra cruise ship charge to ensure that the ship will not leave without us. :D

The difference I see is $7.00 per person between the cruise and Moby. It is more and the possibility that it may be more crowded is a negative, but for us we went because the cruise offered an early excursion so that we can get back and do a two tank dive trip, so we get to do both and it really isn't that much more, actually the dive trip is cheaper for us, so we pretty much break even. We can't wait!!

Thanks everyone :)

We finally booked with Captain Marvin, as Moby Dick was fully booked.

They seem really nice, and I read some good things about them!

We booked another excursion with our cruise too (one that had a really tight schedule) but for this one, we booked it early in the morning, so we won't be stressed out about getting on the ship on time.

Thanks again everyone, much appreciated !

I just answered the same question, so I am going to C&P.

We were in GC on the Conquest on Thanksgiving day.

Stingray City was AMAZING. We went on an excursion with Fat Fish (http://www.fatfishadventures.com/). It's a small business with attention to detail.

The owner Peter picked the 4 of us up in front of the Hard Rock and drove us to a boat launch. We each rode a Sea Doo out to Stingray City. It had been closed for 8 days prior because of rough water but we were able to go out there. IT WAS AMAZING!!! I can't say enough great things about Peter and Fat Fish Adventures.

Now the day we were out there it was a little rough, like I said it had been closed for 8 days prior. We are all strong swimmers and comfortable in the ocean. Pete said most days it's as smooth as a swimming pool.

*additionally we were supposed to also go snorkeling but it was too rough so we just had more time to ride the seadoos.

There was something magical about feeding these animals and then just floating with a mask on and watching them swim all around you. One ray, with a "split lip" who they see often took a liking to me. When she would swim under me she actually looked me in the eye. It was amazing.

(and no I had not enjoyed any rum punch before the encounter, I really think she was looking at me)

I would do this again in a heart beat!!

After riding back in the seadoos we stopped off around the other side of rum point at a "less" touristey place for more fuel and some drinks.

It was a great adventure!

Call Peter, tell him we recommended him!!

Archived