Back To Back Cruises

JimmyTheOne

With all the frequent Seabourn cruisers active on the board I am sure someone can answer the question about back to back cruise discounts. We are considering taking two 7 day European cruises back to back and Seabourn advertises a further 10% discount when combining cruises. My question is what is discounted the 10 % when one of the 7 day cruises is a club sailing @ 50% discount? The 18 day transatlantic , London to New York, is awfully attractive too but not being a great sailor, the 5 days at sea sounds a bit much.

Thanks.

We are taking the Aug. 28th cruise - and it is an amazing deal for previous Seabourn cruisers. The 5 days at sea are our favorite part - we love just to cruise on these wonderful yachts. We are Canadian and have never yet sailed into a Canadian port so we are looking forward to Newfoundland and to Nova Scotia - why not try this one? Its a great itinerary.

CeeJay

I am taking the same cruise and tacked on the 3 day 'cruise to nowhere' and that made it a 'Grand Voyage' and I got the whole thing for 50% off!

Do that and pack some scopalomine patches (most effective if applied before the waves start, if they do) and ENJOY!

Jane in PHL (just signed on for a ~gasp~ Carribean jaunt on the QM2; figured that I have to have a 'large ship' with which to compare my favorite triplets<G>)

Thank you for your responses, will give the August 28th London / New York cruise more consideration. Any comments or information on the 10% discount when taking back to back 7 day cruises when one of them is a club sailing that has 50% discount?

Have not had much luck with Seabourn incentives, Made 2 ON BOARD open bookings for a supposed 5% discount but when we selected the cruise, Seabourn said discount would not apply as sailing was a club sailing and we could not get more than the 50% club discount.

A note in passing, earlier today there was a third response to this thread from CUTHAIR ,but this evening, the post had disappeared ?? Can posts be deleted like that?

Thanks again,CEEJAY and JANE

Interesting note about the 5% not applying. We did an onboard open booking and they made a statement that the 5% would apply to everything, no exceptions. Hmmmm.... We will see when we try to book something, eventually.

We're booked on the 8/28/05 transatlantic, plus the 3 day New York waterways.....see the thread now well down the page. We did an onboard "open" in South America in February, and, yes, our invoice shows an additional 5% discount applied to the 50% discounted amount. Effectively, it's a 2.5% discount to the 100% "brochure rate".

If you combine consecutive cruises of 18 days or more, the 50% discount applies. The 8/28 cruise qualifies when you add the 3 day New York, 18 + 3!

As far as b-2-b's totaling less than 18 days, I'm sure the 10% applies only to cruises discounted less than 50%. If a cruise is discounted 20%, you should get an additional 10% discount from the already discounted amount, or, effectively an additional 8%, a total of 28% on that cruise and 50% on the other cruise.

jimmytheone - I confess that I flagged the cuthair post to the website managers because it (and 8 others from cuthair on different boards) all appeared to be flogging his/her TA services. I guess the powers that be looked into it and agreed - voila, the disappearing post.

Archived