A few questions about the Star to Alaska....

BaileyandBella

Hello....

Will the MUTS be in use for Alaska cruises?

In a balcony cabin for 4, where do the 3rd and 4th passengers sleep?

Do they cover the pool in Alaska and if so, is that area warm enough for sitting outside? We were in Alaska last summer on NCL and the pool area was empty, it was FREEZING....LOL

Thanks

Don't know the answer to the first question, but this summer on the Star they had a covered & heated pool (Solarium). It saw a lot of use on sea days, especially by children, so it was a bit noisy. However, DH and I spent a lot of time on the second level using the loungers because it's a warm spot (we're from the Caribbean, anything under 70 is freezing for us :D ), yet you felt "outside" because of all the glass.

Crused on the Star this year in May, Seattle round trip to Alaska. The one pool never had the top open the whole week. The beginng of ther week was some what cool so we used the covered pool alot. The chairs on the second level have a nice thick pad on them. We where in the pool and the water was warm. Enjoy the cruise.

The 3rd and 4th bunks will fold down from the wall, or drop from the ceiling. Your room steward will take care of them for you.

Do you know what part of the cabin the bunks would be? From the pictures, it looks like it might be a tight squeeze for 4 people, huh?

Thanks

Do you know what part of the cabin the bunks would be? From the pictures, it looks like it might be a tight squeeze for 4 people, huh?

Thanks

I think those bunks come from the ceiling around where the extra chair is. In my opinion it would be a tight, tight squeeze with 4 people; also using the bathroom too.

Marilyn

Thanks

Here is a picture of a balcony quad that I saved. Not my picture and not sure who deserves the credit for taking it. Hope it's helpful.

FYI-I agree, a very tight squeeze for 4.

1356273727_Quadbalconystateroom.jpg.1cf353331f04547ca4e0609550347ad8.jpg

Thanks

See the photo Toto posted. You end up with bunkbeds. I've only been in a balcony cabin with 2 people. We are doing 3 in Jan 2010. I think it'll be tight. I'm used to mini-suites, which have plenty of room.

Thanks for the picture, a balcony cabin will be way too small. Now I need to see if we can afford a Mini-suite.

Here is another pic of the third and forth sleeping arrangements in a mini suite. (again, not my picture, but one from a cc member). The section of the room where the person taking the picture is where the two twins/queen are located, so they are in another part of the stateroom.

1972785380_MiniSuitequad.jpg.08ce68d63fc903e2247f3bb16eacd322.jpg

Archived