"VIP" Status

Dabbo

VIP status gives a lot of perks that I enjoy.

1) Free laundry (I do it everyday so I have no dirty laundry when I get home).

2) Priority Embarkation and Debarkation - The VIP lounge for embarkation is super nice (depends on the port) and it's quick. Debarkation gives number 1 tags but I rarely leave the ship when they call my number. I wake up around 8am, take a shower, eat breakfast and get my bags. I'm usually off the ship no later than 10am. But if you're in hurry, it's certainly beneficial.

3) We get treats in our rooms on 2 separate days. One day is a salmon appetizer thingy and the next day is a sweet plate with yummy desserts.

4) Gifts are given on one day - currently being given out are aluminum cannisters. I think they are for coffee but we use them for water and take them on the excursions. The water stays cold for hours.

5) Special line at the purser's desk. You don't have the stand in the regular line at the purser's desk. There is a separate line for VIP.

6) Priority tendering at the ports with tendering. This is nice because I can be the first one off the ship and I don't have to wait in line.

I'm sure there's more but these are the ones I use regularly. I know you can have your dinner seating to your liking as well and the supper club gives you priority seating too. Plus we always get special treatment when the staff sees our platinum cards as well. It's a nice perk.

What you have described is "Platinum" perks, not VIP. While Platinum is considered VIP....they are the only ones who receive the perks.

Those who book Cat 11/12 are VIP only to the extent of VIP checkin, priority boarding, disembarkation

Archived