Hotel Anitiche Figure in Venice

Hi, We stayed there in September. It is a beautiful charming hotel - we had a large room on the top floor with several windows overlooking the canal. The staff are friendly and breakfast is very good.

If you take the bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma, you have two bridges to cross before the hotel. We took the vaporatto down to St. Marks and back again stopping at various stops along the way.

Pat

Thanks Pat, that is what I needed to hear so I will go ahead and give them my info. How far is it from where the bus/taxis drop you off to the hotel. Is is hard to pull the luggage from there? I did see that they have airport pickup and also transportation to the cruise terminal. Did you use either one of those at all?

Thanks, Barbara

Hi Barbara, No we didn't use their transportation. We took the express bus from the airport to Piazzale Roma (3 euro each) and then lugged our bags over the two bridges. If you are in good shape - no problem. It is about a 10 minute slow walk from the Piazza to the hotel. We did the reverse when going to the ship but instead of trying to find the ships shuttle at the same Piazzale Roma, we took a cab - 20 Euros. You could also take a water taxi both ways, from the airport to in front of the hotel and then from the hotel to the pier. Don't know what the cost would be.

We decided to save a bit of money and chose the bus but if its your first time in Venice, a water taxi is very nice!

Enjoy your stay in this beautiful city.

Pat

Archived