Anyone interested in joining a land tour in Curacao Dec 23,08

4275princess

Leo in Curaco tried to fit 2 of us in an existing tour with him, but it didn't work out for us.

He offered services from another friend cab driver if we could find anyone else interested.

Details: BASIC Route-

Chobolobo (Distillery), Ford Amsterdam, Otrobanda, Queen Juliana Bridge, Floating Market, Punda, 1st neighborhood of Scharioo, WEST of Curacao, Knip Beach?Playa Kenepa (same), Christoffel Natl park-partial drive thru

Enroute if you want to see: Hali Caves/cost entrance fee, Boka Table Cave/Shetle Boka Natl Park/$, Plantation house Knip & Museum/$, Cas Aboa Beach $/Porto Marie beach/$, Lagun Bay/$--He usually recommends Boka Table Natl Park/$1.50 & Plantation house & Museum/$2.

He provides a whole island tour (City, E & W) or anything you want.

PRICE - $65/4 people & $40/larger group

DURATION 6+ Hrs

This is his schedule, but his friend cab driver would use the same....SINCE WE NEED A MIN OF 4, ANYONE INTERESTED IN JOINING US:)

(We will be on the Grand Princess in Curacao on Dec 23 8a-5p...posted on the roll call board but duplicated it here since some people don't look @ the roll coll board.....REMEMBER the trip can be "tailored/time adjusted

Not meaning any disrespect for Leo and this tour - he's probably a very nice guy- :) but I thought since you can't arrange with him, I would ask you why you don't just rent a car for the day instead?

At $65. per person x 4 you have $260. ... x 2 you have $130. to spend.

You could easily rent a car, fill it up with gas and have money left over to see lots of those sites that cost the extra bucks.

There are decent maps online that you could access and it's not hard to find any of these places. ie. Knip beaches, flamingo salt flats,

The island is NOT very large and there is really only one main road to the west part (Bandabou) of the island with a side route off of it to the south.

Driving during the day is very easy and safe... I have done it there MANY times. It will not even take a full-tank of gas to do the western side although I would suggest you have a full tank before heading out there. Knip beaches/ Kenepa (same thing) are free and are lovely to stop, enjoy and take a swim. Not the best bathroom facilities though...

Plus, many of those first places on the itinerary are so close to the cruise terminal you could walk there and see them. Many of the locals speak English or at least understand it so you can always ask questions.

The east (Bandariba) side of the island doesn't have as much to see other than Sea-aquarium, KonTiki, Mambo beaches, tugboat snorkeling, etc. To the north- east is the ostrich farm and also a crazy, off-the-beaten-path beach called Playa Canoa where the local surfers hang out. To the north (central close to the airport) is where the Hato caves are located.

Anybody who is able to read and navigate from a map will do just fine. And there are lots of opportunities to research these places on-line.

Just a suggestion...:D

Your response is why this is such a great board & experience for research before a trip. My husband has had prior small seizures so can't drive; I'm a woman driver :) & hesitate to drive out of the country. Renting a car would certainly save lots of $$$. You've given me some ideas about stuff close to the boat & mentioned "safe"...thanks

Archived