NOS formal nights and menu choices

I was able to locate compasses for NOS western sailing and also some dinner menus. I think I was able to match the dinner themes to the menus but I am wondering if I did it right. Does anyone remember if the formal nights are on the 2nd and 5th nights? Also, on your second formal night was lobster on the menu? Last year while on VOS I'm almost positive that we didn't have lobster on our second formal night and it was actually the next night. I;m thinking that it has something to do with NOS leaving on Saturday instead of Sunday like VOS did? Can anyone help me out? I'm trying to plan which nights to do Chops and Portofinos and also planning which night we will be doing the ice show. We are doing early dinner this time aroud and would like to do a specialty restaurant on our Cozumel day since we don't have to be back on the ship until dinner time, yet at the same time my husband doesn't want to miss lobster in the dining room. From what I have figures out lobster may actually be being served on day 5 which is Grand Caymen. Thanks for any help.

Gabrielle

05/15/04 Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Gabbygirl123,

I am on the same cruise as you. I can't wait. Where did you locate the compass, dinner menus and dinner themes?

We are also trying to figure out which night to go to Portofinos but don't want to miss a good theme night or the lobster in the dining room.

Pamela

Navigator of the Seas 05/15/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;05;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Hi Pamela

I found the menus at http://joephila.net/cruise/

And then for the compasses for the western I just searched on line under navigator of the seas cruise compass, some people posted them along with their pictures at community webshots. On the first website you will notice that it is for VOS. I have heard that the menus are fleet wide. Then I went through and looked at all of the compasses and saw what the dinner theme was and matched these with the menus. SOme of the menus don't have titles on them and other do, so you can go and look at the NOS compasses on the same website as the menus and see which dinners are on which nights. The last formal night is where I got confused because this is the only place that there is a discrepancy sp? on which menu and which night. I had previously been told that there wasn't lobster on the 2nd formal night and on my last cruise I don't think that there was, yet according to the NOS compasses it looks as if the Chef's dinner is served on the 2nd formal night, whereas on VOS I think we were served the Crown and Anchor dinner. I'm going to post the info that I found on our M&M thread so look over there and you'll find some helpful stuff I hope.

Gabrielle

05/15/04 Navigator of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;05;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

Archived