Need help for area to stay in Post Cruise

jschafer6161

We are arriving in SJ at 6:00 a.m. the day before cruise and staying at the Mariott Stellaris. We are hoping to do the rain forest and shopping (especially the Coach Factory/Outlet) either pre or post cruise. I’m thinking before because we will have more time. We are also staying one night post cruise, with our plane leaving at 6 a.m. the next day. Would it be best to stay at the Mariott Stellaris again, or in that area, or another area closer to the airport? I’ve been searching to try to figure this out, but am just getting more and more confused since we’ve never been to SJ. I appreciate and thank anyone for any help!!

Since you'll be leaving the hotel around 4 am, you won't find any traffic going from Condado to the airport - figure a 10-15 minute drive at most. Hotels in Isla Verde would be in the 5-10 minute range, so the difference is really negligible. I think you'll be just fine staying at the Marriott again... but if you want a change of scenery, look for a hotel in Isla Verde. Hope I didn't confuse you :D.

One thing I would make sure of is to tell the bellman that you need a cab at 4 am. There should be cabs waiting there all the time, but that early in the morning it's best to make sure ahead of time.

Have a wonderful stay in PR (and a great cruise in between :) )

Marriott has 24-hour cab service, though amapola's suggestion is a good idea just to be sure. You're very close to the airport at the Marriott. We just stayed there in November post-cruise and loved it!! You won't be disappointed to stay there pre and post! Enjoy!!

Thank you for your replies! I actually got the Sheraton Old San Juan for $89 post cruise. I thought this was a steal and decided why not, although I've read conflicting reviews. It will be nice to be right down the street from all the shopping, etc. Thanks again!

Julie, we stayed at the Sheraton pre-cruise and liked it very much. It's not a "resort" like the Marriott, but you won't be disappointed. Not on the beach either, but the small pool on the upper level floor never had a soul in it so we had it to ourselves - the hot tub too. It's really very nice to walk through Old San Juan. When you check in, ask for a room overlooking the water and see if they'll give you an upgrade. They upgraded us to a lovely room with 2 balconies. Have a fabulous time!!!!!

Archived