New York - Transport

cunard_cruiser

Following on from my previous thread about what to do in NY in a day I've another couple of questions. Could some of the board who reside over the pond please give me some pointers on travel from the Brooklyn terminal to NY.

I'm thinking of doing something special as we are only in town for the day - ie having a limo transfer, can anyone recommend a company/companies ?

Are we best just having one from the terminal to NY or possibly for the whole day, obviously I appreciate that this is rather dependant on what we are doing but I'm coming from the angle of wife wants to shop, 18 month old daughter in tow and me doing my best impression of a camel carrying all their stuff...

If we do go down the limo transfer route what are the regulations on my daughter, ie will we need to bring our own car seat ?

Any ideas/thoughts greatfully received

John

3 years ago, we booked http://www.carmellimo.com/ to transport us - negotiations by email were fine (think I phoned once to speak and that was ok too). There were only two adults though but I am sure that they and any other company would discuss your needs.

There were lots of taxis at the port too.

On another trip, a year later (by plane to JFK) we just took a taxi - a set fare but on the return I think it wasn't a set fare and a limo was better value. Our hotel arranged it and it was with Carmel again.

good luck

heywood

Most limo services will have car seats that you can use. I have a great company that I use and would be happy to provide if you are interested. If you are here for a day, I'd recommend going to Rockefeller Square, from there you can do the 'Top of the Rock' which is just as good as the Empire State Building but can be less crowded. You can also go to American Girl (for your baby) and Saks Fifth Avenue for your wife. You could also walk down to Times Square. By the time you do all that, your time will be consumed and you can arrange for your car service to pick you up and take you back out to the pier.

Have fun.

Morrie

We have used Anthony's Limousine Service (1-800-414-5951) three times from home in NJ to Red Hook and back. They are reliable and fairly priced and will drive you where ever you want in Manhattan.

There are always car services at the terminal during disembarkation. They cost much less than limousines.

You will need some sort of automobile transport to and from the Brooklyn terminal. However, keep in mind that traffic in Manhattan is never good.

There are always car services at the terminal during disembarkation. They cost much less than limousines.

You will need some sort of automobile transport to and from the Brooklyn terminal. However, keep in mind that traffic in Manhattan is never good.

? The car services which are limos are contracted by the cruise terminal and they charge twice what a local car service will charge. I use Arecibo 7187836465. They are among the least expensive car services/limos in NY City.

definitions. A limo is generally a Lincoln town car. A stretch limo can be anything from a Lincoln town car stretched(longer) to a humvee. Most car services use Lincoln town cars.

Archived