Review - Crown Princess with a toddler

eloisesmom

Ok, I did put a pool towel on the sidewalk, but yes, I did it on the ground and it felt awkward. Sorry, I don't have mid-air-diaper-changing skills! I'm impressed! At a fair or park I would change her in the car. And yes, there were people travelling with me, but DH had gone off with SS and the in-laws were all at the playground with the other toddler.

Don't worry, I'm a bad parent too. I've changed my son on the sidewalk many times. Oh my gosh, release the stones because now that I think about it, I've changed him on the bare ground too without the layer of concrete to prevent him from touching dirt. :eek: And I expect that I'll do the same once our daughter is born. Someone may want to call Child Protective Services to prevent that.

Sorry, didn't mean to imply you were a bad parent. I was just thinking that the sidewalk would be HOT..... ouch. Sometimes our fingers don't connect to our brains. I still find it curious about the high chairs in the buffet area though. Did you write about that in your comments at the end? Something no one thinks about until they need it. True, you are more limited in luggage when you travel with a lap baby and its hard to keep them occupied. I think my DD had an entire suitcase dedicated to kid stuff with her two. :rolleyes: Fortunately we paid for a seat for the 3 YO. We became "mid air" changers when we discovered many places, land and sea, don't have change tables, but you do need two people.

No worries, I wasn't offended at all.

I did include a note about the high chairs in the buffet area in our comment sheet! So hopefully they will take note. I made sure to add a couple nice comments in there along with my complaints so they don't dismiss my comments as someone who is eternally-whiney!

And despite my disappointments in some areas, it was easier than taking a toddler to my pack-rat mother-in-law's house for the holiday!:D

When my twins were 18 months old we cruised and it was awesome. I have to say that I carried with me on that trip a changing pad, and the throw away changing pads that I think huggies sells. Just to keep things easy and sanitary. There are so many convenience products available nowadays. I definetly agree with taking the portable highchair seats, if you have a baby that can at least sit up - i think that fisher price sells them.

When potty training started, we used on a regular basis this toilet contraption that is portable, and it folds up into a briefcase, that stores 1 gallon size ziplocks that you place in the "seat" area and they do thier business and then you ziplock it way. No bowls to rinse or anything. I still have it stashed in the back of my SUV in case we are out and there are no acceptable places for them to go. It has come in handy when we go to parks and the facilities are either locked or out of order.

Archived