Should I pack beach towels??

vwalk

I'm planning on visiting the beach on our trip to Costa Maya next week. Will RCI let us take towels from the ship or do I need to bring them from home? Of course, I would expect to leave a deposit. Thanks!

I had asked the same question before our Freedom cruise in November, and was glad I resisted the urge to take my own towel.

The ones provided in the stateroom were fine, and it was very easy to get a fresh one either from our cabin steward (who we found quite visible during the day) or on the pool deck...we just swapped the wet one for a fresh one.

It would have been nearly impossible to dry out a beach towel of my own with limited hanging space within the cabin.

unless you are trying to sneak on a beach...the family at our dinner table used RCCL towels in Aruba (I think they tried to get onto a hotel beach). and they were spotted right away because of the "signature" towel. Don't know if they were giving us the whole story or not.

I use the ship's towels...more room for clothes!

Just back from a week on the Mariner and beach/pool towels are in your bathroom. And the beach /pool towel policy states lost towels result in a $20.00 per towel charge on your final statement. The statment is in the Cruise Compass. Have fun on your trip!!!

Archived