RCCL Indy and NOS Compasses - Something New on them

crusinmama06

I just received new kid compasses for RCCL Independence of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas (thanks Theresa and Cheri!) and I noticed something new...

Johnny Rockets Kids Dinner EVERY NIGHT!!!! :D:D:D

I don't know if this is just for the 4 day sailings or if this is going to go fleetwide for all sailings. But both compasses from November 08 listed Johnny Rockets kids dinners every night - sign up each morning by noon.

The new compasses are here....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

I forgot to mention on my review, Indy has tea pots in every room for boiling water! I thought this would come in handy for formula making as well (of course, once it cools down a little!!) ;)

I was wondering if they would keep them in the cabins when they made the trip across the pond. :) Now I can have some tea...lol. :D

Thank you FL Girl! I was thinking last night (you know..that hour after you've put the kids to bed and your mind starts wandering..) about asking about the tea kettles. Hope they stay on board!

Also wondering about any "special items" we should pack for the 8 night itinerary - pirate outfits, costumes, props, '70's fashions, etc. My cruise is only 4 months away...time to start my "pre-cruise shopping"!!!:)

I just received new kid compasses for RCCL Independence of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas (thanks Theresa and Cheri!) and I noticed something new...

Johnny Rockets Kids Dinner EVERY NIGHT!!!! :D:D:D

I don't know if this is just for the 4 day sailings or if this is going to go fleetwide for all sailings. But both compasses from November 08 listed Johnny Rockets kids dinners every night - sign up each morning by noon.

The new compasses are here....

http://s204.photobucket.com/albums/bb196/cruisinmama06/Royal%20Caribean%20AO%20Compass/?start=all

yay! Thanks! We're going on the Freedom -- is it a pretty safe bet that the AO program is the same on her as on Indy?

Also, I'm guessing that there would still be the Johnny Rockets surcharge for them when the kids eat there?

Ha ha, I was just thinking that I'm not worried anymore about "what are the kids going to do" but now, "hey, this is a family trip! I want to see my kids at least now and then!"

Also, can I ask from those of you who are experienced...my kids are 6 and 8 (well, the others are 2 and 1, but they will always be with us or grandma(s))...I saw on the Compasses that the AO program is open when the ship is in port. I'd feel a bit uncomfortable about having my kids on the ship while we're off the ship and probably out of reach. Do you all send your younger kids to AO when you're off the ship?

Michele-yes, tea, too:p;) I brought a couple of green tea packets from home but they ended up having them in Windjammers's!!

Honeywell-I know I was doing that last night! Tossing around when to book Indy again!;) It's tough because I love sailing in 'off' times, but my son was so upset he couldn't go with us last week! It's tougher for high schoolers to miss school! DD brought her Nintendo DS. She purchased a little fashion play set in the LOGO store that kept her busy in the down times! Other than those two things, she was so busy most of the time!

On the shorter sailings, they did not have the Pirate Parade or the talent show! We missed that! Hopefully they will have the Pirate Parade when you sail!!

Kim-no extra charge for the group dinners at Johnny Rockets!! The only time my daughter was in the AO program is when DH and I did an excursion in Coco Cay, she was off the boat with us, just in a supervised beach area for about an hour with the AO staff.

On Indy, I saw about 10-12 kids on the AO program. DD and I stayed on the ship when my DH and friends went ashore in Cozumel. They looked like they were having a good time!

Does the Freedom have the tea pots too? I am leaving in less than 72 hours! Woo Hoo

Cruisinmama - Thank you for your blog. It is very informative. I am wondering if you got the recent compasses from the Freedom (Western)? We are traveling with our almost 4 year old DD - I am almost more excited for her than me :)

I am also curious about Labadee and what they do with the kids on the island.

Do you all send your younger kids to AO when you're off the ship?

I haven't - YET. But I had an experience with my youngest that prevented me from doing it up until now (Medevac off of Magic when she was 8 months old). Now that the kids are older and especially when we have friends/family onboard, I am loosening up. ;) If it's only going to be for a couple of hours and not all day - 8 hours gone, then I am sure it will be fine.

Does the Freedom have the tea pots too? I am leaving in less than 72 hours! Woo Hoo

Cruisinmama - Thank you for your blog. It is very informative. I am wondering if you got the recent compasses from the Freedom (Western)? We are traveling with our almost 4 year old DD - I am almost more excited for her than me :)

I am also curious about Labadee and what they do with the kids on the island.

Freedom - no tea pots. :p The only reason that Indy has them is because it's home port is Southampton, England. ;)

And no, I don't have any updated Freedom for THAT age group. The one I would have is from my Freedom trip in 2007.

This is what WE did in Labadee. This is Western Freedom from 2007.

AO-FOS-Day6-3-5a.jpg

Archived