Carnival just raised the price of my cruise AGAIN !

mr jailerman

This is the THIRD TIME in two months ! This is for my Triumph cruise from New York City up to Canada in Early August , 2009.. I'll never get an OBC for this cruise at this rate..:mad: Funny thing is that about 2 hours ago I decided to switch cabins from a Cat 11 to a 9A AFT WRAP on Deck 8 ! If I had thought about it for two more hours it would have cost me another $100.00 ! :D So impulsive moves sometimes do pay off..;)

This is the THIRD TIME in two months ! This is for my Triumph cruise from New York City up to Canada in Early August , 2009.. I'll never get an OBC for this cruise at this rate..:mad: Funny thing is that about 2 hours ago I decided to switch cabins from a Cat 11 to a 9A AFT WRAP on Deck 8 ! If I had thought about it for two more hours it would have cost me another $100.00 ! :D So impulsive moves sometimes do pay off..;)

Even if your cruise goes down you would only get OBC if your cruise is Paid in Full but you would get a credit to your Credit Card which is nice. Your not leaving for eight months, your cruise will probably go down a couple of months before you sail. Congratulations on the AFT wrap, they say they are fabulous.

Do you know Clark Howard? He is a financial advisor who has a nationally sindicated radio talk show. He used to own his own travel agency.

He says that 2009 will be the best year for cruise pricing ever. He said to expect dramatically lower prices on cruises in 2009. According to him, capacity will be at an all time high, but with the recession, cruise lines will have a hard time selling all rooms. They will sell a room at a loss just to so it won't sail empty. They will hope to recoup this loss with on board sales.

Be patient and I am sure you will get a great deal before your cruise sails.

Do you know Clark Howard? He is a financial advisor who has a nationally sindicated radio talk show. He used to own his own travel agency.

He says that 2009 will be the best year for cruise pricing ever. He said to expect dramatically lower prices on cruises in 2009. According to him, capacity will be at an all time high, but with the recession, cruise lines will have a hard time selling all rooms. They will sell a room at a loss just to so it won't sail empty. They will hope to recoup this loss with on board sales.

I have not heard of him but Thanks for the positive info..:)

I called PVP today and he also mentioned that the price of our cruise had gone up. I called him about a week ago and asked, how much it would cost to upgrade to balcony...187 pp!!

Today it was 100.00 pp sooooooooooooooo I DID IT :D

and I didn't tell the wife!! :/ Should I or SURPRISE HER ???

I called PVP today and he also mentioned that the price of our cruise had gone up. I called him about a week ago and asked, how much it would cost to upgrade to balcony...187 pp!!

I just upgraded one of our cabins to a balcony as well....This particular cruise is myself, my mom and 2 of my kids. I decided NOT to tell and leave it for a surprise when we set sail.

Unless I am reading you wrong the price of your cruise WENT DOWN if last week it was $187.00 pp and NOW it's $100.00 right ? I wish mine would go down a $100.00 ! :D Congrats on the Balcony.. You both will love it. It's your own space outside with the Sea away from the 2,500 other people..Once you have a Balcony you wont go without.. And one day you may be booking and AFT WRAP Balcony like US REAL Obsessed cruisers. Enjoy..:)

I hope so! I'm still trying to find a way to convince DH to let me go on the Legend next year without him. If it comes down in price I'll stand a better chance!

In 11 cruises I've only had 2 go down in price. The rest of them just keep going up. :(

Unless I am reading you wrong the price of your cruise WENT DOWN if last week it was $187.00 pp and NOW it's $100.00 right ? I wish mine would go down a $100.00 ! :D Congrats on the Balcony.. You both will love it. It's your own space outside with the Sea away from the 2,500 other people..Once you have a Balcony you wont go without.. And one day you may be booking and AFT WRAP Balcony like US REAL Obsessed cruisers. Enjoy..:)

I was confused too!! He said the price of the cruise went UP!! Then later in the conversation when I asked about the balcony......100.00pp was his answer.

I still have the notes from our last conversation and it was at 187.00 ?????????

I was confused too!! He said the price of the cruise went UP!! Then later in the conversation when I asked about the balcony......100.00pp was his answer.

I still have the notes from our last conversation and it was at 187.00 ?????????

:D Then the prices went down and you have even more reason to be happy about that Balcony..:D Well Done.. ;)

WoW, very interesting! Thanks for the info! :)

I hoped that you asked them to give you the higher price. LOL:p

I am confused. Why are you angry(:mad:)? You are getting what you contracted for at the agreeded price. Word is no more OBC for price drops.

Geez, are people not allowed to be upset about anything anymore? What's wrong with being a little upset that the price didn't go down? I must've missed the lecture on life where we're all supposed to agree and feel the same way about everything all the time. :rolleyes:

I just upgraded to a balcony and I'm very excited. Our first cruise we had an inside cabin. Then our next cruise we had an OV and now we're finally getting a balcony. I haven't told my husband or the kids yet. I think I will either surprise them for Christmas with the news or actually wait until we get there. That's April though and I don't think I can keep the secret that long.

I don't even want to look at one of those AFT balconies. Otherwise, I'll have to have that too.

My change from an OV on deck 1 to a balcony on deck 6 cost me $388 total. But then we got upgraded to deck 7. Small change compared to what this whole cruise is costing me.

I am confused. Why are you angry(:mad:)? You are getting what you contracted for at the agreeded price. Word is no more OBC for price drops.

I'm not upset because of the price that I DID agree to. I am upset because everyday I share in the joy of everyone here at cruisecritic telling of how their cruise prices keep dropping and they keep getting two or three on-board credits which I REALLY do think is great !(Which by the way you CAN still get as long as your not in Final Payment time) My point is that I also would love a little OBC..:D And yet my cruise has been raised 3 times in two months.. I think that's the price of sailing from New York City though..:confused:

Geez, are people not allowed to be upset about anything anymore? What's wrong with being a little upset that the price didn't go down? I must've missed the lecture on life where we're all supposed to agree and feel the same way about everything all the time. :rolleyes:

Thanks Meredith.. It's good to know some here has my back..;) :D

Go Meredith, Go !!! I needed you a few weeks ago, where were you:) Someone told me to "Stop whineing", just because I mentioned I was scared of extra costs when it comes to airlines, baggage size and weight, etc. I will be flying on an airline I have never flown :(

Archived