Camo shorts in the Caribbean and Cozumel?

lbg

I am career military and have been to numerous countries and quite frankly rarely do you see civilians wearing camo, in some countries I have been to if there is an active conflict or issues with terrorists or "freedom" fighters you could be considered a combatant. Be prudent, leave the camo at home, you do not want to get into an altercation with the police or military in foreign countries, you will lose every time and do not believe for a second that your American passport will help you out, usually it will target you and make you stand out, and not in a good way. I had a cousin who was in Mexico years ago that got into trouble with the local police, they severely beat him in his head and tossed him into a cell, overnight his brain swelled and he died. It is important to realize in a foreign country you don't have any rights. Are your camo shorts worth an altercation where you have no control over the outcome?

Not only camo. When we flew to Buenos Aires in December, I can't tell you how many people had American flags or "Obama" on their shirts! I don't know why some people's common sense goes on vacation as well.

He'll need to leave his "I'm an American and can do what I want"...at home or onthe ship.

Gotta agree here. Wear the camo onboard and not ashore. Clothing preferences/habits aside, flouting the customs of a place you are visiting is just rude.

The biggest fashion faux pas imaginable is wearing a chip on your shoulder in a foreign country. :rolleyes:

Archived