Dinner in the didng room questions

atarak

If you mean are there multiple choices offered, definitely - I don't think that a cruise line could survive if they didn't offer choices.

If you mean can you request more than one entree, dessert, etc., that was certainly the case (and encouraged by our waiter) on the Grandeur 3 months ago.

However, I saw a recent menu online from an RC ship (might have been the Enchantment), where there was an "or" on the menu between each choice of a course. This was not the case on our menus, and I felt this might be an attempt to discourage multiple orders. Anybody have experience with this?

We just got off the Enchantment 11/4 (the day before she was hit by the barge), and you could order as much at dinner as you wanted. I remember one night in particular when my husband and I ordered an entree and also ordered the Jerk Chicken. Multiple orders not a problem!

This is a rumor that comes up every so often. (And has been for years.) I think that what happens is that some bad waiters try to talk passengers out of more than 1 entree. No doubt the line tells them to discourage passengers from eating too much, but good waiters (and most of them are good) know that if they want a good tip they need to keep people happy, so they do what you want. It's easy for a waiter to bring out as much food as you want, they don't really keep track of who's getting what since all the food is cooked up in bulk. I don't think anyone keeps track of it, like, "3 lobsters went out to table 4." Certainly there's no computer system like in a land restaurant where they put your orders in.

Archived