???about NCL's Tulum tour......

cod

Have you done this 7 hour from Cozumel? If so, will an elderly, out of shape person with a bum knee (I can't believe I'm describing me that way!!) have any problems? Thanks! I would like to do this tour but DH has his doubts though I think that with a few ibuprofins I'll be good-to-go.

Thanks in advance for your help/advice!!!

We did this tour back in April while on the Majesty. We took the tender from our ship as she was anchored. The ride across wasn't to bad. The bus ride was on a comfortable bus and our guide was great. Once you get to the ruins there is alot of walking involved. When we were there it was hot so consider bringing water with you. They do offer a shuttle from the area by the busses to the ruins opening for an extra fee. There is also steps down to the beach area that people took to get cooled off in the water. (it is alot of steps) Going down I am sure wouldn't be to bad, its the climbing back up. It was a wonderful tour but a very long day. Glad we were freestyling as it was nap time when we got back.:)

We did this tour about 5 years ago. I'm "extra-fluffy" and out of shape and didn't have any problem. My BIL, who's also very overweight (probably 150 pounds extra) and was recovering from a gout attack went along and also did OK.

Most of the walking around the ruins is on fairly flat, gravel surfaces. You don't have to walk down to the ocean if you don't want -- it would be a bit of a climb. We were lucky the day we were there and it was cloudy and cooler. If it was hot and humid I might have had a lot harder time doing the walking, so I agree that you should take water.

I also agree with taking the shuttle bus. It was quite inexpensive, so make sure you take some cash along in smaller bills ($5's or $1's) to pay the fare.

I went on this tour at age 57 and 100lbs overweight (I was lighter then! LOL). I did not go down to the beach. I did bring a quart of water, but should have brought a couple more. Due to the length of the tendering and bus ride, you'll only get a couple hours in the ruins, but like others, I think this is not a trip to miss. The Tulum ruins are unique and beautiful.

Thomas

I went on this tour at age 57 and 100lbs overweight (I was lighter then! LOL). I did not go down to the beach. I did bring a quart of water, but should have brought a couple more. Due to the length of the tendering and bus ride, you'll only get a couple hours in the ruins, but like others, I think this is not a trip to miss. The Tulum ruins are unique and beautiful.

Thomas

Glad you mentioned that. I would not go down to the beach either and bringing sufficent bottled water is a MUST. The grounds, at least when we were there, are uneven and some times rocky too, so keep that in mind, but you can take your time while you are there.. don't have to rush. 2 hours is plenty of time to see it all.. in fact, I think we only had 1.5 hours at the most, then we went to Xel-ha (which I believe is pronounced Shell-Ha) was fantastic too, but we were not on a cruise, we were on a land based vacation so we had more time.

Archived