Transfers from the airport to ship??

wernew2cruising

Hey everyone...

Well it has been a long time coming but the time is here...well almost. We leave Saturday for our SA adventure.

We used the cruise air and I am wondering how it works when you arrive at the airport? I know someone will be there with a sign, but then we do we sit around and wait for a full bus of people? Or is it individual cars for us?

Thanks for the help.

In our experience they were coach busses... and you typically did have to wait for people. Sometimes you would have to go back and forth between terminals picking up various pax and we waited to fill the bus before heading to the port... this happened to us a few times, the worst was in Galveston, TX.

For this reason we now make our own way, either via cab or a hired van, to the port.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a transfer through the cruiseline... but as soon as we land I want to get on that ship ASAP! I don't like waiting around... unless its in the embarkation line! JMHO though.

Question - Was the transfer included with your air? It isn't alwas necessarily... sometimes it is separate. You will want to make sure or you'll be taking a cab anyway!

In our experience they were coach busses... and you typically did have to wait for people. Sometimes you would have to go back and forth between terminals picking up various pax and we waited to fill the bus before heading to the port... this happened to us a few times, the worst was in Galveston, TX.

For this reason we now make our own way, either via cab or a hired van, to the port.

Don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with a transfer through the cruiseline... but as soon as we land I want to get on that ship ASAP! I don't like waiting around... unless its in the embarkation line! JMHO though.

Question - Was the transfer included with your air? It isn't alwas necessarily... sometimes it is separate. You will want to make sure or you'll be taking a cab anyway!

Phew...thanks for bringing that up. I checked..I have transfer vouchers in my edocs!

Archived