Does the Doc have a Nebulizer???

Life's a Beach!!

My nephew occassionally needs a nebulizer. My sister was thinking of just packing the meds and not the machine if the Doctor has one on board. Anyone know?

I don't know if they do or not but why take a chance???

Let me also add this question, Why in the world would your sister think a cruise ship with THOUSANDS of passengers would be able to reserve a nebulizer when her son needs it? Doesn't she think it would be better to pack a nebulizer and ENSURE her son has it when he needs it rather than take chances with his life to "not have to pack it"?

You can get a portable nebulizer that is much smaller than the usual one and it would be easy to pack and carry. Going to the clinic is not free and to me it would make sense to come prepared. When one is having an asthma attack and is in need of treatment why go through the hassle and time delay of depending on the doctor. The portable one could even be carried on excursions for use if necessary.

When I first started on Asthma meds, my doctor told me to buy a nebulizer, I was able to get one from the pharmacy for $13 or so that was small enough to fit in my purse, the other one was about $30. I'd go to your doctor and see if he/she can recommend a smaller/more portable one to you.

Don't rely on the ship to have one, and don't take chances with your vacation, the last thing you'd want to ruin your vacation is a major asthma attack.

Archived