Anyone Been of Vision of the Seas Recently?

drush

WE are looking at taking a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Vision of the Seas in May. If anyone has been on this ship recently would you please send us an update. We are also trying to decide between a cat. d or c, any input would be appreciated.

Returned last night after a week on the Vision. My wife and I had a terrific time. It was our 8th voyage on RCI. We had a balcony cabin #7044 that was very enjoyable. The waters off the Baja coast are cold so it was a bit chilly while at sea. Take a wind breaker. Service was excellent. Food was fine, better on Celebrity. Many families and lots of kids on board. Kids for the most part were well behaved. Many activities for them.

vinum thanks for responding. It has been a while since I sailed on RCCL and am not familar with the Vision. Would you recommend upgrading to a JS cabin or was the standard balcony fine?

No need to upgrade. Our cabin was roomy, quiet and very comfortable. Be sure you get a cabin away from elevators, stairs, and any exit that leads out to a common area and is neither above or below a common area.

I am booked in a GS, cabin number 8008 for a 7 nite Alaskan cruise in June. The room appears to be below the Windjammer Cafe, however I am not familiar with the Vision, so it appears as though the room is not under the bulk of the cafe but instead maybe an outside area?? If anyone is familiar with the ship and could give me an idea regarding any noise we may encounter because of our location I would gtreatly apprerciate. Thanks

We also just got back on Sunday from this cruise. We had a great time. We were in a corner aft balcony cabin on deck 7. Our balcony was huge because it wrapped around the side of the ship. We used our balcony a lot on this trip because the wind was so bad up on the pool decks. We were somewhat protected and we had full sun coming back to LA. Our cabin was right above the Some Enchanted Evening lounge and at night we could hear music. We had a great time. The food was a little disappointing, but everything else was fine.

Amy

Archived