Where to put my valuables while I'm swimming?

Susie from MN

So we're going to go to the Baths but will of course have some cash, id and boarding card we need to keep safe. What should we do with these? Anyone know of a travel site that has a waterproof container that goes around your neck type of thing for just this situation?

Thanks!

Suzy from MN.

I do believe there are locker rentals available for your stuff while you swim...but does anyone know what the snorkel cost is there at the baths? we have our own. but some of our party does not, and I want them to have the exact cost of the trip before we go.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

there are not very many lockers and they were all in use when we were at the Baths. Take as few 'valuables' as you can and by all means, go for a waterproof pouch/fanny pack/ etc. In a pinch, zip lock baggies in a small fanny pack have been known to work, too. Any money and credit cards/ship cards are pretty impervious to seawater, anyway. :D More likely to get spent than wet.

So we're going to go to the Baths but will of course have some cash, id and boarding card we need to keep safe. What should we do with these? Anyone know of a travel site that has a waterproof container that goes around your neck type of thing for just this situation?

Thanks!

Check out ebags.com and type "waterproof bags" in the search box. I've ordered their camera bag to use for camera, credit card, etc. in February so I can't say yet how well it works, but the reviews say good things.

Archived