Music at the clubs in the evening

Hey folks,

I am 26 y/o on going on my first cruise for my birthday. My college buddy and I plan on hitting the lounge and clubs on the Monarch of the Seas from LA to Ensenada this weekend.

In regards to music, will we be listening to "Hotel California" or "Jimmy Buffett" all night? No offense but I am hoping there will be a little of everything including popular top 40 music.

I can understand around the pool during the day having festive music but in the evening are there opportunities to dance to say R&B, Reggae, Hip-Hop, Pop Rock etc.?

Just curious.

Thanks!

bigmac78,
I am going on my second cruise May 2nd.
1st was on Star Princess. 2nd will be on Vision on the Seas (RCI).

I am 32 and was impressed with the music they played on Star Princess. Sure they play music for EVERYONE, but ask for a few songs from the DJ and when he plays it... DANCE!!!
The only thing that makes a DJ stick to one kind of music is people on the dance floor.
I asked for hip hop & disco and the dance floor was full the rest of the nigth!

Hope that helps!
Salute!

Thanks,
Edward

bigmac78--

I took my first cruise about 3 years ago when I was also 26 years old. I was on Sovereign of the Seas sailing in the Bahamas. I was THRILLED with the music they played in the club. Personally, I love to dance to hip-hop, funk, top 40, and such. I specifically remember the DJ playing 'Atomic Dog' by George Clinton and Parliament, as well as 'California Love,' both of which I love. I remember that I had a good time and he played the kind of music I like to dance to. The crowd that night was all ages, but mostly 22-40 or so.

Hope this helps. Have a blast!

~Ashley

Ditto,
Unless there's a special theme night going on, there's always a good mix. We danced all night in the Viking Crown Lounge while on the Enchantment.

Enjoy your birthday cruise, and don't forget to pack your boogie shoes!
[img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Until we're on the Explorer of the Seas !

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Archived