Will I make Captain Marvins by 09.15

cecparkinson

Visiting Grand Cayman on the Liberty, Have booked Stingray City with the Captain and have to be at their office by 0915. We are tendering after anchoring at 07.30, will we make it? Anyone out there had the same experience, thankyou in advance for your help.

Cec and Kim :)

When are you sailing? We are on the Liberty in May, the ship will be on Eastern Daylight Time but the Caymans stay on Eastern Standard time. Therefore our 8:00 meeting time is really 9:00AM ship's time. Contact Captain Marvin if you have any concerns because our confirmation e-mail said if the ship is there on time, but we do not show up for our trip we will be charged.

On the preceding post: On different cruises ship time is sometimes adjusted to island time and sometimes not. Grand Cayman is on Eastern Standard Time year round so over the winter is on the same time zone as the embarkation most cruises there (Florida).

If your ship arrives and starts disembarking shortly after 7:30 then you should have no problem. But don't forget your ship will need to lower it's tenders unless it is using local tender service, and there will be some cuing on the ship. I looked into this a couple years ago on a ship that arrived a bit later and decided that if I booked anything I'd book another recommend company, I think Captain Bryan, as thy had a later start time that worked out better for cruise passengers. I have no idea how the relative times of excursions for these companies might have changes since then.

For peace of mind, contact Capt. Marvins and tell them the ship you are on and the date. They are familiar with the different ship's routine stops and can calculate the time differences, tendering times, etc. I have contacted several of the more popular guides listed on this forum and they have been very helpful to tell me whether or not their tours fit my ship's schedule.

Captain Marvin's office is not far from the ship so as long as everything is running on time you should be fine. You will have a great time with Captain Marvins.

We chartered a private snorkeling tour with Captain Marvins. There was 10 of us. It was great! Everything ran so smooth and our Captain ran the opposite of the other tours so we missed all the big crowds. I would book them again.

Have a great time!

Archived