Celebrity Solstice Maiden Voyage Review

DesignGuy

Once again I am frustrated by the Solstice reviews. Have all of you people been on the same ship for goodness sake? These seasoned cruisers either have loved or hated their experience. I can understand how a NEW cruiser might like or dislike their experience based on preconceived expectations, but come on guys you've been on other ships! How can a bathroom be "awesome" or be so chintzy as to not fit a behind? How can the food be great or terrible? Not a medium response but downright great vs awful?

I should take my own previous advice and stop reading these damn reviews. I'm going on Jan 4th and I WILL love it.... food I don't have to cook (good or bad, warmish or cold, French sounding or hot dogs), a bathroom I don't have to clean, and gently or not so gently (HUGE seasickness inducing waves- depending on the review) rolling seas. For me it will be a vacation with my family where perhaps something out of the ordinary will become something to remember.

M

Once again I am frustrated by the Solstice reviews. Have all of you people been on the same ship for goodness sake? These seasoned cruisers either have loved or hated their experience. I can understand how a NEW cruiser might like or dislike their experience based on preconceived expectations, but come on guys you've been on other ships! How can a bathroom be "awesome" or be so chintzy as to not fit a behind? How can the food be great or terrible? Not a medium response but downright great vs awful?

I should take my own previous advice and stop reading these damn reviews. I'm going on Jan 4th and I WILL love it.... food I don't have to cook (good or bad, warmish or cold, French sounding or hot dogs), a bathroom I don't have to clean, and gently or not so gently (HUGE seasickness inducing waves- depending on the review) rolling seas. For me it will be a vacation with my family where perhaps something out of the ordinary will become something to remember.

M

Please don't be frustrated by the reviews... if you read a lot of the seasoned cruisers reviews that are happy with the Celebrity product of the past and present, they loved Solstice. Reviews are subjective to an individuals taste. The couple of people onboard my Solstice maiden voyage cruise that were downright unhappy were people that were trying to compare it to Crystal, Regent and SilverSeas... and that is totally unfair and not in line. Sure there were a few little things that need to worked out here in there... but they did not bother us.

I also believe that if you are not a positive person and are not boarding with the idea that you are going to have fun then you probably will not! You seem to have a great attitude and have already decided that you are going to have a wonderful time, so guess what? You are going to have a GREAT time with your family onboard! I for one loved Solstice along with everyone traveling with me (6 of us). Have a great time! :D

As for the bathrooms, they are much bigger and nicer than those of M-Class.. I guess there are some that are noticing that the space around the toilet is a bit smaller than on other ships, which could affect those of a larger size body frame. That is all I am hearing from the bathroom comments.

Those that complained about the seas... well... we had 14 foot seas and 50 knot winds.. and guess what? You are on a ship. If a person does not like the motion of the ocean it would be safer to book a land vacation. I love the motion, and Solstice handled it just as any other ship that I have been on in those type of seas (over 30 cruises)... and I loved the motion! :)

When it comes to food, some complained mostly because they did not like the menu selections... well... again subjective. I loved the "change" from the old menu's, and I also keep in check with the reality that they are cooking over 1000 meals at each seating mixed with the fact that the prices that the cruiselines are charging for fares right now is in line with those of many years ago. You simply cannot expect champagne on a beer budget. That said, I thought the food was wonderful and we all were very happy. That is my subjective taste, though.

You will have a wonderful cruise.. enjoy Solstice!

Archived