***Monarch of Seas 11/1/2004***WILD BUS RIDE AT END OF CRUISE**

Goofballs

A co-worker came off the Monarch last week and told of a wild story involving the ship arranged bus trip that took them from the port (in LA) to LAX airport. She said the 20 minute trip turned into 2 + hours with the driver taking them through Anaheim, then to and through East LA. The driver was either lost or DUI or something...because people were missing their flights and he just kept telling them they would be there soon. No one could get off because their luggage was under the bus. Finally after the driver left the bus in East LA (to get directions???) and got back on, only to drive again, someone called the LAPD to report this driver was taking them who knows where??..??.. She said within minutes there were about 20 cop cars (LAPD and CHP) pulling over the bus driver with a helicopter hovering overhead. She said they ended up arresting the driver but didn't say why. The passengers had to wait for a new bus driver. It cost my friend $42 bucks to reschedule airline tickets since she missed her flight.

Was anyone else on this bus? Did you incurr cost as a result? I trust you are contacting the cruise line, since they arranged for the bus transportation. My friend is.

Have you ever heard of something so wacky? Wacky now, but I guess at the time it was scary with all the terrorist things going on, no one knew what was happening.

ANAHEIM???!??! How the heck did he end up in Anaheim? That is like, in the opposite direction from LAX! Way far away. OMG, he was really, really lost. That was smart of someone to call the LAPD. I just can't imagine...

sayhello

Anaheim? That's so going the wrong way. But anyone not from LA would realize that after a few miles and not end up in Anaheim, especially coming from the pier. Wow. All he had to do was go north on the 405 instead of south.

Archived