Park and Cruise hotel for San Pedro terminal?

lupa

Here's my specifics- driving in late on a Friday night for a Saturday cruise at the San Pedro terminal (Sapphire Princess). We're basically looking for a hotel to sleep in one night and to leave our car during the cruise. Not looking for anything particularly luxurious, just clean, comfortable and with the parking deal.

Thanks!

The two hotels that we have stayed at in San Pedro are the Double Tree Inn and the Crowne Plaza. Both have stay, park and cruise packages that include free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. When you back out the cost of parking, the breakfast etc, the room cost is often marginal. Our fav is the DTI but there is nothing wrong with the CP. You may care to bid on Priceline as rooms can often be had in the mid-$60 range. Good luck.:)

We stayed at the Double Tree in September the night before our 18 day Panama Canal cruise. The cost was $169 + taxes for one night.

But that included 18 days parking for our car, free breakfast, free shuttle to and from the pier, a bottle of champagne or sparkling cider, and the use of the shuttle to take us to a nearby restaurant for dinner the night we were there.

The room was very comfortable, the staff great and proximity to the ship was perfect.

I know people have gotten similar rooms for much less, but without the parking. I believe you get that only with a park and sail package. And compared to the cost of a room plus paid parking at the pier, I think our deal was pretty fair.

Thanks for the info; I already knew about the Crown and the Doubletree, but don't feel like I need to spend $200 for a harbor view room, since I'm arriving late at night and will be checking out by Noon to go and board my ship. Also I'm traveling with platonic travel partner so we don't need the romantic champagne package.:o

You can usually get Crown Plaza at Priceline for $69. I don't like that way and stay at the Holiday Inn in San Pedro for under $100. They have a park and stay but I do not know the price since I did not use them. They will take you to the pier and pick you up. Your car is kept in covered parking. I really like staying there as it is a smaller hotel. The staff is friendly. They have a restraunt that is above average for a good price. I am a priority club member and last time asked for a Gaffey street side room. We got a 2 bedroom suite that was wonderful and walked out on to the balcony wrapped around the hotel. You have Rite Aid to the south if you need something. We will stay ther again.:D

Thanks everybody. I continued my research. Holiday Inn said they didn't have parking available and the other nearby place, Vagabond Inn didn't have very good reviews. I finally checked out Priceline for the first time and ended up getting a Doubletree room for $100! I called Doubletree before I 'named my price' on Priceline and confirmed that, yes, I would be able to use the parking while on my cruise. I'm all set and very happy with the price. I sail on Sat. 12/20.:D

did the Double Tree say how much the parking would cost you while your gone, or is it free?

Lee- I called twice just to be sure- it's free to all guests (you don't have to buy the big park'n sail package in order to park there). I would call before you book just to be sure though- since all things are subject to change.

Edited by lupa

• 5 weeks later...

I booked the Doubletree through Priceline (name your own price) and got two rooms for $75/nt each. I also called and they said I could leave my car even with the pre-paid Priceline rate. It was $199 for the park and stay package and another $143 for the second room on their website. Thanks for saving me all that money!

Beware, though - there are two 3 1/2 star hotels in the San Pedro area on Priceline - the Doubletree and the Crowne Plaza. I took the $5 per room per night travel insurance (another $10 total) in case it gave me the Crowne Plaza instead of the Doubletree.

• 1 month later...

What I like about the Doubletree is that you aren't required to book the more costly Park and Cruise package in order to park free. We have stayed there three times (all won via Priceline bid) and parked free for 10, 7 and 4 days at a time while we cruised. I will be staying there again in April, but this time I booked directly through the hotel because I'm not sure I can get it via Priceline now. Crowne Plaza seems to be the hotel won more these days. Anyway, they assured me that the parking is still FREE. We arrive usually in time for dinner, so they shuttle us over to whatever restaurant we want within around 5 miles. We always eat at the Acapulco on the water.

The two hotels that we have stayed at in San Pedro are the Double Tree Inn and the Crowne Plaza. Both have stay, park and cruise packages that include free shuttle to and from the cruise terminal. When you back out the cost of parking, the breakfast etc, the room cost is often marginal. Our fav is the DTI but there is nothing wrong with the CP. You may care to bid on Priceline as rooms can often be had in the mid-$60 range. Good luck.:)

Oh, you were so lucky to get the Doubletree on Priceline! If I just knew I would be guaranteed to get it, I would cancel my $143.10+ tax booking with them and bid through Priceline. I'm just not willing to take the chance, though.:( Oh, well. At least I'm booked with them.

Bon voyage and have a great stay at DT!

Thanks everybody. I continued my research. Holiday Inn said they didn't have parking available and the other nearby place, Vagabond Inn didn't have very good reviews. I finally checked out Priceline for the first time and ended up getting a Doubletree room for $100! I called Doubletree before I 'named my price' on Priceline and confirmed that, yes, I would be able to use the parking while on my cruise. I'm all set and very happy with the price. I sail on Sat. 12/20.:D

UPDATE: I checked this out on Priceline and the insurance is only for covered reasons such as illness, injury, etc. So if you had gotten the Crowne Plaza you would have been stuck with it. The insurance wouldn't have covered that according to this statement:

Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption: If you or your traveling companion has to cancel or interrupt your trip due to a covered reason (e.g., unforeseen sickness, injury, illness or death) the cost of your hotel room purchased through this site will be reimbursed. Travel Insurance is for emergency situations such as those described above only, and cannot be used to cover the cost of a trip that is cancelled for any other reason. Please see the Description of Coverage for full details.

I booked the Doubletree through Priceline (name your own price) and got two rooms for $75/nt each. I also called and they said I could leave my car even with the pre-paid Priceline rate. It was $199 for the park and stay package and another $143 for the second room on their website. Thanks for saving me all that money!

Beware, though - there are two 3 1/2 star hotels in the San Pedro area on Priceline - the Doubletree and the Crowne Plaza. I took the $5 per room per night travel insurance (another $10 total) in case it gave me the Crowne Plaza instead of the Doubletree.

Edited by GoodAsGold

having stayed at the Vagabond..i would nt recommend it..i ve stay d in

much nicer Motel 6 s..

• 1 month later...
What I like about the Doubletree is that you aren't required to book the more costly Park and Cruise package in order to park free. We have stayed there three times (all won via Priceline bid) and parked free for 10, 7 and 4 days at a time while we cruised. I will be staying there again in April, but this time I booked directly through the hotel because I'm not sure I can get it via Priceline now. Crowne Plaza seems to be the hotel won more these days. Anyway, they assured me that the parking is still FREE. We arrive usually in time for dinner, so they shuttle us over to whatever restaurant we want within around 5 miles. We always eat at the Acapulco on the water.

Was wondering if you just left your car or do they require you to tell them you are leaving it? Going in 3 weeks and I, too, booked outright since it looked like the CP was the only thing coming up with Priceline and wanted the DT for sure. So far, I have an AAA marina view rate of 147.00, but noticed the Park and Cruise rate is 214.00. I have heard of others saying that they parked for free without paying this larger rate, too, and am hoping it still holds true. Thanks!

• 6 years later...

Just an FYI

Stayed at the Bestwestern in San Pedro, warning...

Service is poor, people waiting for 15 minutes while the 1 and only night shift (7pm on) employee takes a potti/smoke break, honestly, nobody is at the front desk. Rooms are barley OK, 1 of 2 elevators are broken down, my understanding that they have been broken down for ever so expect to wait in lines just to get to and from your room.

If by chance you are confined to a wheel chair, they dont have the means to shuttle you to and from the pier and will not pay the cab fare for you even though they sold you the package deal and will not refund that portion.

-Crown Plaza has accessible shuttle van.

-Double Tree has no accessible shuttle van but will pay cab to and from.

JMO:

Daniel (General Manager) could care less about any of "their issues" which become "your issues".

STAY ELSEWHERE IMHO!!! It is a rundown, poor renovation hotel in a very poor area of town, you wont want to walk around at night for sure...

Pay the extra few $'s and stay elsewhere, I mean what a few extra $'s on top of your cruise to start your vacation off right?