MyTimeDining Fleet Wide Dates

We never waited at all, and we went at different times each night. Sometimes we waited for the host to check on table availability in our usual section, but that's pretty standard at a regular restaurant. I don't know if the wait times will increase as the concept becomes more popular, but we were on the Freedom (BIG ship) and never waited to be seated.

I just called my TA (travelocity) to book MTD for Voyager on 3/1/09, and they put me on hold to call RCCL. RCCL told my TA that it couldn't be booked yet, but to call back on February 1st since that is when MTD will be offered on Voyager. I will do just that, and post back to tell all of you the result.

Just got off the phone with RCCL, and we are confirmed for 5/10/09 Mariner cruise for MTD. They added the prepaid gratuities to the account and everything's all set.

Same for us. We are sailing on the Mariner 5/10/09 and are confirmed for MTD and had prepaid our gratuities added. We are set to go as well!!

Same for us. We are sailing on the Mariner 5/10/09 and are confirmed for MTD and had prepaid our gratuities added. We are set to go as well!!

Can you tell me what it says on your RCCL paperwork or on the RCCL website under Countdown to Cruise/Reservation? Ours still says Main Dining even though our agent supposedly prepaid our gratuities and requested the change to MTD.

Thanks!

Can you tell me what it says on your RCCL paperwork or on the RCCL website under Countdown to Cruise/Reservation? Ours still says Main Dining even though our agent supposedly prepaid our gratuities and requested the change to MTD.

Thanks!

After I called and signed up, they sent me another booking invoice (in pdf form) that showed my gratuities prepayment. At the bottom it says Special Services: Open Seating Confirmed.

Thanks!

On my inovice it still states "main" and shows the gratuities paid. However, on the bottom of the inovice it indicates "Special Services: Open Seating Confirmed.

My only concern with MTD is that if you are not with a group nor anyone else and know no one else coming onto the cruise, what do you do? At least with seated dining you had the opportunity to get to know others.

At least for us, prior to getting MTD, we were hoping to get a table for 2. This way, we are hoping we will always be assured a table for 2. Not that we don't like being social, but we just like to have a nice romantic dinner for just the two of us. Now I understand that some table for two's are actually table for 4's, they are just split and you are actually sitting pretty close to one another, that's ok too, we'll be social and still have a great time. That's what's cruising all about.

We are on the 05-03-2009 Mariner. I am curious--what number did you call or which department did you speak with? Did your TA do this for you? I have called twice and so has our TA. When I have called, !. It is too early or 2. Your TA must call. Our TA has been told it is too early.

?????

I saw the post and tried calling (again) to book MTD for my April 26th Mariner cruise and was again told it's not available yet. I pushed the issue by saying I heard someone else on a cruise in May had already booked MTD, so she called the dining dept. and came back and said I have to call back in March because they don't know if it will be available for all sailings. Very frustrating!

My only concern with MTD is that if you are not with a group nor anyone else and know no one else coming onto the cruise, what do you do? At least with seated dining you had the opportunity to get to know others.

If you are a single and going on a cruise to meet people, then just choose not to do MTD. Personally, I go on vacation to spend time with my family, so it is perfect for us.

I belive with MTD, like at breakfast and lunch in the dining rooms, you can choose to sit with others.

Also, you could try and meet people at the bars on the first night and set a time to meet up with them to have dinner the next night.

Lots of options.

For those of you who have since contacted RCCL and received conflicting info... when this post first began, I, too, contacted RCCL and RCCLDining (there's a direct phone number for someone in one of these posts) and was unsuccessful. One person didn't know anything about it and the direct line person said, yes available, but could only be done on board.

When I read that some people were successful, I called the main toll-free number and asked again. This time I was told, yes, it was available, you needed to prepay gratuities, and since I booked through a TA, she would need to call and request. Nothing was said about waiting until onboard.

So, I again asked my TA to call. She emailed me back to say we needed to prepay gratuities (which we had planned to do in the first place) and has told us that we are confirmed for MTD.

I don't know why one traveler or TA is more successful over another. But I would certainly try again.

Note that my online RCCL docs, still say Main Dining, but the Special Services notations on my emailed paperwork do read "open seating confirmed"

We are on the 05-03-2009 Mariner. I am curious--what number did you call or which department did you speak with? Did your TA do this for you? I have called twice and so has our TA. When I have called, !. It is too early or 2. Your TA must call. Our TA has been told it is too early.

?????

Hi Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I called RCCL directly. I did not ask for the dining room reservations. I spoke with a PVP. MTD is most certainly offered at this time. Maybe the person you spoke to did not know? I would call back and speak with a PVP and ask again.

We feel the same way. :) My DH and I are retired, together 24/7 and are loving it. But, we've always look forward to meeting wonderful dinner mates many of whom we keep in touch with and have sailed again with. :) That and meeting new friends in the Concierge Lounge is so much fun.

I was able to add MTD for the 05/28/09 Explorer of the Seas sailing. TA said RCCL wants payment for gratuities at the time of the change; could not simple add gratuities to the Final Payment amount.

However, no change to my dining details on the RCCL reservation website. I am waiting to hear from TA as to why this is.

This is a great thread. Thanks for everyone's contributions.

I was able to add MTD for the 05/28/09 Explorer of the Seas sailing. TA said RCCL wants payment for gratuities at the time of the change; could not simple add gratuities to the Final Payment amount.

However, no change to my dining details on the RCCL reservation website. I am waiting to hear from TA as to why this is.

Hi,

My TA switched me yesterday for the 5/14 Explorer (after a few unsuccessful phone calls), but she just added my gratuities to my final payment which isn't due for a month. My dining details also still say Main, but she called back and asked a different person and on their end it showed the MTD.

Saga update--

I called RCCL and (finally) got a pleasant knowledgeable person who said yes, MTD is available to sign up for now on our sailing. BUT our TA must do this. TA not in today. :confused: Sooo, will followup on Monday. Stay tuned.

Sounds like your TA is covering his/her bases by requesting the money upfront. RCCL simply adds the prepaid tips to the bill, and it must be paid in full 70 days before sailing.

Sounds like your TA is covering his/her bases by requesting the money upfront. RCCL simply adds the prepaid tips to the bill, and it must be paid in full 70 days before sailing.
That is certainly possible. The payment for the gratuities was paid directly to RCCL rather than to my TA (i.e. my CC is charged by RCCL, not the TA), so even if gratuities were not due until Final Payment, it's really just a matter of RCCL getting that $$ six weeks early. So long as my dining options are secured, it makes no difference to me.

The fact that RCCL wants payment for advance booked excursions, specialty restaurants, etc. but (apparently) not prepaid gratuities is kind of wierd, or at least inconsistant.

Also, my TA replied that the change to MTD should have shown up on the RCCL reservation system within a few hours (it still has not). Since someone above is reporting the same issue, perhaps it is one of those situations where RCCL can see it from their end, but the guest cannot see it from their's. If it still has not cleared up a few weeks before sailing, I guess I'll make some calls.

Archived