Entertaining your Cabin Steward!

IDKaren

:DThese guys work SO hard! A recent thread with favorite pics showed a pic of someone who brought 'blow up" parrots to the stateroom and moved them around. Gave me the idea!

We bought a two foot tall inflatable ELMO doll! Every morning we would put Elmo somewhere different

-In bed

-In the shower with a towel around him and a shower cap

-Sitting at the table reading the daily guide.

-Snuggling with towel animals

-On the toilet seat with paper around his hand

-Taped to the balcony window- when steward opened the blinds-there he was looking in the window with a 'Help let me in sign".

-Kneeling on the bed with hands taped like praying- over the Bible.

-Sitting at table with napkin around neck and facing fruit bowl.

There were several other poses but I have go to say our cabin Steward had SO much fun. He said "Every morning I come in and wonder where is that little RED MAN- sometimes he is outside- sometimes he is inside-I never know"! He moved Elmo several times on his own! At the end he said he had had SO much fun with it- that his days are long and boring and it really made him laugh! We left Elmo behind with a sign saying "Please be my Daddy". For the $4.99 it cost for Elmo it was well worth it- We had fun and it entertained Noel!:D

S6302936.jpg.81be6c16a0d8e7d425190dd0dcfebf88.jpg

Thanks for sharing this great story.

We too made our cabin steward laugh. We had a meet and mingle on the last cruise and we all decided to exchange gifts from our state. I was lucky enough to win a pink flamingo from Tammy from Florida and I am from Maine. The best part about my gift was that the flamingo had 15 different outfits! We dressed it in a hula skirt and lei, Easter Bunny...you get the picture. The cabin steward thought it hilarious. At one point we put it out on the balcony with the yellow rain bonnet and raincoat! What a hoot.

It sure made for daily surprises and the room steward was clever with the towel animals to match the spirit of the costumes!

Love to see them smile!

My brothers and a friend made a full-size towel person out of bath towels (obviously) and other clothes and items. They sat it up in a chair. The room steward saw it when he came in for turn down and scared him....although later thought it was funny.

Archived