Any Last mintue cruises?

xcell

Whats the best way to find a last minute cruise (hopefully with a discount) for the xmas season?

Wasn't planning to travel but if something came up that was reasonable, I wouldnt mind taking another cruise this year...

I know it's probably unlikely that a deal like this exist but how and where do people find last minute deals at a discounted rate??? through the websites or TA

Thanks for any input and happy holidays !!

so finding a deal isnt that hard but finding a plane ticket is - i went to princess and carnival and they have some ok prices but when i click add fligh t- none is available, then i look at my local airline (air canada) and either the day is sold out or its like $1000+ for a single person

guess im going to be stuck in the snow until next year...

i wonder if the cruise lines buy plane tickets and release them for a combo crusie + flight

so finding a deal isnt that hard but finding a plane ticket is - i went to princess and carnival and they have some ok prices but when i click add fligh t- none is available, then i look at my local airline (air canada) and either the day is sold out or its like $1000+ for a single person

guess im going to be stuck in the snow until next year...

i wonder if the cruise lines buy plane tickets and release them for a combo crusie + flight

Yes, they do, but unfortunately the price is close to the same and you lose flexibility to shop around on different airlines. What part of Canada do you live in? If it's close to the NY/NJ, driving to the port could be an option.

so i took a look at the website, i wonder if it really is 70% (or even 40% off) - i couldnt look up princess prices (they want me to call in) - but I cant imagine a inside cabin cost $2000 then discounting it to be $600.

just doesnt make sense.

ill look in driving to NJ but something about 10 hours drive from toronto with tow young kids to take a vacation doesnt seem right...but good suggestion, maybe the flight would be less...

The discount is o the RRP in the brochure. I don't know anybody that pays that price.

Their deals are real. As the cruise gets closer it goes down (depending on availability of course).

I've seen 4 day cruises from San Diego to Mexico for $199. You need to be able to go at short notice though. And, as already mentioned, being near a port is advantageous.

I booked a great deal last week. I leave in 2 weeks.

Archived