Westerdam - Just Back

flatraffic

Oh awesome. Good to know. Our last cruise, on Celebrity, the room service was HORRIBLE!!! (I still love Celebrity) there were missing things every single day... It was on time... but it got to the point where I was really irritated with things that were missing. I mean, like, toast with the eggs (a must for me) the toast was missing... well, at that point it is stupid to call because then the eggs were cold...

Oh... then I ordered a cheese PLATTER with only white cheeses and extra crackers... and the guy shows up with NO crackers and a BOWL of cottage cheese. Is that the funniest or what?? It was really bad across the board.

I should warn you to NOT order the cheese platter. Someone in our party ordered it for dessert one night in the dining room YIKES!!! It was very small and not a good selection. The great part is you just order something else to make up for it like Pina Colada Creme Brulee and it is all good.

how was the cruise director on the ship

We were on the Westerdam that left 11/30/08.

We attended the Superstar shows that were hosted by DJ Jazzy and the Cruise Director, Kerry. DJ Jazzy is just about the worst singer I’ve ever heard. After hearing him sing, many people were willing to go on stage, if for nothing else than to keep him quiet. J DJ Jazzy made sure that we told each and every person who sang that they were, ‘Fabulous’. The Superstars was a series of three shows; the last show was moved to the Vista Lounge as the audience had outgrown the Queen’s Lounge.

We also attended the Love and Marriage Show. This was similar to the Newlywed game except couples of various married years were selected from the audience. Kerry brought in a lot of audience participation and the Queen’s Lounge was quickly packed to standing room only. One man said his wife of 60 years wore a bra size of 40 Long. I was laughing so hard there were tears in my eyes.

The Vegas style shows had wonderful costumes. For one of the shows, the costumes where designed by Mackie. The styles brought back many memories of Sonny and Cher. Also, you have to admire the people on stage who were dancing away in rough seas. –I couldn’t even walk a straight line.

Each show I saw where Kerry was not actively involved, I saw him standing on the left side of the auditorium to make sure that everything went smoothly.

Archived