Booking with Nativeway

farmer joe

We are planning on being in GC on Jan 5th 2009. We are taking our 3 children and son in law and my parents celebrating there 50th wedding anniversary. Only my wife and I have been on a cruise, Native way sounds interesting rays reef and rum point. Do we need to put down a deposit for 8 people and if we do what happens if the weather does not permit us to dock, and how often does this occur. Thanks for your help

1st of all welcome to cruise critic:)

we used nativeway last year and to date....it was in the top 3 things we've ever done on a cruise. the truth is...i don't remember giving any money upfront.....i remember paying after the sailing. we had beautiful weather so i don't know how that works...but if you don't give anything upfront then you won't lose anything if the weather is bad....

they returned my email very quickly...you will love it wait till you get to rum point:D

With Native Way you do NOT have to put any money down, you pay when the tour is over. They do require you to fax them some credit card info before hand just to assure that you do arrive, but if the ship should not tender there then you will not be charged. It is safe to do this, I have done it twice with no problems. They are a great company, you will not be disappointed!

Thanks for your replies I know Moby Dick required a down payment on groups over 8 I believe. I hope the weather turns out good so we can dock. My parents have not been out of the state of Illinois for 25 years. I hope to make this a memorable experience.

The Rays, Reef and Rum Point tour is very nice. The rays part is outstanding, I mean this may be the only place in the world where they interact with people like this. Rum Point is awesome. They have your lunch waiting for you and reserved tables on the beach. One of the prettiest beaches Ive ever seen.

Tom

I too have been very happy with Nativeway. They did require my cc in advance, just to hold the spot, but then I paid cash at the end of the tour. It was wonderful, planning on using them agian in April.

Have fun, Rum Reef is gorgeous and relaxing....

Kathy

Farmer Joe, I was on that tour the day before Thanksgiving. It was wonderful--truly the best tour. The stingrays are amazing creatures. We got to hold them and feed the. At one point, I felt this very soft thing on my back...our guide had lifted the stingray up against me...so cool!!!

Anyway, you should ask on your roll call if anyone else is planning on using Nativeway because with a group of 10 they take $5 off the price. As others have said, just need the cc# faxed to them to hold. Pay on board in either cash or credit card. No worries if your ship can't stop there due to weather conditions. Rum Point was great. Very calm water with very little drop off, plenty of lounge chairs, great food.

Our guide was Chris (I forget the assistant's name) but Sharon met us at the dock and her husband drove us to the marina. They are a very nice group of people! I would book with them again without hesitation!

Have fun!!

Carole

Archived